You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Save As lost my Paragraph Styles

I am beginning to lose my mind here! I have created a document in which I have Paragraph Styles. When I created a duplicate copy of the document using Save As and giving a new version document name, the styles I have created remain but they have lost their relationship to the text. The text has reverted back to all Body Text. I've tried a few times to make a new version copy (I'm on '.ver5') with the same result. This is undermining my confidence in the product. In my InDesign days I never had this kind of problem.

What am I doing wrong

Necrologies 2019 AFP Ver 5.pdf

Is there a specific place where the formatting gets lost? I opened the file, saved it, formatting stayed the same.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

2 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

Is there a specific place where the formatting gets lost? I opened the file, saved it, formatting stayed the same.

The document I sent you had already lost its formatting. The paragraph styles are still in there. They were created back in version 2. Version 3 lost them. So, did Version 4. And now Version 5.  Version 5 crashed when I was creating new master pages.

Version 2 still has the formatting and I am uploading it up here.

Necrologies 2019 AFP Ver 2.afpub

Makes no difference in v2 or v5 for me. E.g. "BROTHER CYRIL VICTOR BELL CFC" on page three resp. seven is still NEC Heading Brother Name.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

3 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

Makes no difference in v2 or v5 for me. E.g. "BROTHER CYRIL VICTOR BELL CFC" on page three resp. seven is still NEC Heading Brother Name.

OK there is something else going on then. I have just checked on my version 5 and, sure enough, the heading you cite is correct. But in the rest of the document the formatting is missing. I am beginning to wonder is there something going in in the background with my Mac Mini that it is not processing the document fully. I may have too many applications open at the same time. Take a look at a screenshot from Version 2 and the same page (more or less) from Version 5. Version 5 has lost the formatting. When I click on a heading it shows up with the Body Text Style.

Mystery!

Screenshot 2019-11-15 at 13.03.28.png

Screenshot 2019-11-15 at 13.02.21.png

• Staff

Hi n17man :)

I've downloaded both V2 & V5, on every page tested the body text has the NEC Body Necrologies 2019 Paragraph Style applied to it, (besides some content on Page 111 & 112 in V2).

Unfortunately I'm not seeing the issue described in your post - could you please provide a Page Number that shows the style no longer applied from V2 to V5?

It may help to make a copy of your document and try editing it in our latest beta, which you can find linked below - 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!