You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Welcome to the forums.
As far as I can tell you aren’t doing anything wrong but I’ve not seen this behaviour before.
I can’t see anything obvious in your screen-cast that would account for it.
Does this only happen with this document or does it happen with others?
When it happens, does it always happen while that document is open or is it intermittent?
Are you using a mouse, tablet or mousepad?

18 hours ago, GarryP said:

Welcome to the forums.
As far as I can tell you aren’t doing anything wrong but I’ve not seen this behaviour before.
I can’t see anything obvious in your screen-cast that would account for it.
Does this only happen with this document or does it happen with others?
When it happens, does it always happen while that document is open or is it intermittent?
Are you using a mouse, tablet or mousepad?

Hello Garry thank you.

Seems to be happening only with this document, but it does happen occasionally with other documents and would like to know why so I can avoid it.

I use a mouse.

Did you lock the background items you want to select or are those items you keep on selecting part of a large group or layer at the top? Perhaps locking this group/layer will help…

Sometimes, when I want to select precisely, I use the lines mode view, it's eaisuer to select a precise object.

7 hours ago, Wosven said:

Did you lock the background items you want to select or are those items you keep on selecting part of a large group or layer at the top? Perhaps locking this group/layer will help…

Sometimes, when I want to select precisely, I use the lines mode view, it's eaisuer to select a precise object.

even if the background items are locked, whatever is unlocked gets moved and selected even if am not clicking on them directly.