You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sometimes when I am in the View Tool (Hand) and want to use a different tool, selecting the tool or my short cut for a  tool does not respond no matter how long I try to change tools. In the past I have quit Designer and started again. This time I tried turning on "Use SHFT modifier to cycle tools" in the Tools Preference pane. This did the trick. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a better way of correcting it?

Yes, Meb. I am a constant shortcut user, but It do not use alt+space and click to zoom out. I simply use CMD 0 (zero). I will ty to not when this occurs, but by the time it happens and I notice it, it is hard to remember what I actually did. I do not think it happen on thw "Save" shortcuts, Lee. Will let you two know when it occurs again.

I'm also having this issue. 

I'm using the Mac v1.7.2. 

I can confirm that I get stuck when using the Hand Tool by using the shortcuts to zoom out:  alt+space and click to zoom out. 

It's not consistent, but it does happen often.  It's very frustrating when trying to get into the flow of work.  I wish there was a way to get out of it without rebooting the program.

UPDATE:  Reading through other postings in this forum regarding the same issue, I ran across the When-this-happens-just-hit-the-space-bar solution.  It works great and doesn't interrupt work flow.  It was the solution I was looking for.

Edited by merry

• Staff

Hi merry,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Thanks for your feedback. The alt+space and click to zoom out issue is already logged and pressing space does indeed un-stuck it when it happens. Seems however there's other situation(s) triggering this behaviour we weren't able to diagnose yet. If you came across it please let us know.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Still happening for me too. Been driving me nuts as I'm working to a deadline. Is it to do with the fact that there's a system-wide keyboard shortcut for Emoji's and Symbols at the bottom of the Edit menu? It set by default to control-command-space. I have just made a new shortcut for it using Keyboard>Shortcuts in System Prefs. It's now shift-F12 which was as far away as I could send it! Will report back if it helps with the sticking hand-tool issue.

I get this too quite often in Designer, it's usually if I switch quickly from zoom to pen then pan with spacebar, when I release it to go back to the pen it stays as the hand. Hitting the spacebar a few times corrects it.