You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Serious problems with the last beta

• Staff

Do you get this on a new document?

Does simply opening an afpublisher file that loads fine in 1.7.3 cause this behavior?

Is the reason you have to kill the app via terminal because it locks up? Do you get any crash reports?

What MacOS are you on?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

I had a similar experience. Publisher would quit with the Force Quit but the window didn't go away. The dock showed that there was no Publisher Beta running and Command Tab didn't show it running but the window was there. A restart solved the problem and it hasn't shown up since. I believe the problem (frozen) was due to an Import/Place command which didn't finish. This was on 10.12.6

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

3 minutes ago, emlazo1 said:

Publisher 1.7.3 doesn't have this behavior. And I have a make with High Sierra, 10.13.6

Is an odd behavior only present in the latest beta

Just to be sure, by "latest beta" do you mean 1.8.0.502 that was released yesterday?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

@emlazo1 Can you see my above questions?

Regarding the "freeze up" that's happening, I have also seen this once where I had to restart my macbook, but it was following a recipe for another bug that would cause a program hang. I'm looking into it.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.