You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have just installed Publisher Beta V 1.8.0.502.  When I try to use the Designer and Photo personas the link does not work and I get the attached message.

Designer and Photo are V 1.7.3 from the app store. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing post Publisher install but that doesn't help. 

Both apps link perfectly with the V 1.7.3 release version of Publisher so I can work with that fine for now.

I remember in the past that linking between beta and release versions didn't always work. So is this something I should expect until a new release version of Publisher is available or do I have a problem?

Thanks for any help.

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 11.18.26.png

Studio Link only works in the betas when the equivalent-version betas of Photo and/or Designer are installed.  That has been a general principle all along.  As those betas are not yet available for 1.8 on the Mac, you will need to wait for them, yes.

Thanks. That's very clear now. I am basically a Photo user. Publisher is useful to me presently for just one single long term project. My interest in the Publisher Beta was just that - interest ......... and simple curiosity. So I can quite happily carry on with 1.7.3 for my project and update when the time comes.

Thanks for your help and clarification.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.