You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Converting image color spaces

I have a Publisher document with JPGs in both grayscale and RGB. If I export to PDF with "Convert image color spaces" and a CMYK profile selected, will my grayscale images be converted to CMYK? I need only the RGB JPGs converted to CMYK.

Lagarto,

Thank you for the information.

Just to confirm, if I want to check the color profile of the images in my PDF, I can open the PDF in publisher, making sure that in opening it I choose CMYK. Is this correct?

The current document color space is CMYK.

I think another strategy for achieving my goal (having both CMYK JPGs and grayscale JPGs) is to convert the images I want in CMYK to CMYK before inserting them into the document. Then would I export selecting Color space "As document"?

3 hours ago, AFY7 said:

I think another strategy for achieving my goal (having both CMYK JPGs and grayscale JPGs) is to convert the images I want in CMYK to CMYK before inserting them into the document. Then would I export selecting Color space "As document"?

yea absolutely makes sense. at the end you write your pdf without any conversion and have full control.

friendly reminder normed processes like iso coated v2 have separate greyscale .icc profile you can use.