You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[1.8.0.502] XLSX Import crash.

Tried to import an Apple Numbers' generated .xlsx document (I don't have Excel here) and Publisher crashed. Very simple one with some Sum formulas (I read the caveat regarding formulas) and another with no formulas. The version of Numbers is 6.2. I also tried with a Libre generated .xlsx document and the same thing happened.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hello, the Hello, the same situation using Excel file (Office 365).  

Only to avoid misunderstandings I have used the command "Place..." or should I follow a different procedure ?
Thank you for your incredible work!
Ciao

• Staff

Hi,

I've created an xlsx file in Numbers, this crashes on import for me on Mac, I've logged this.

An xlsx file created from LibreCalc (in Windows) silently fails to import, which I've also logged - I've not reproduced a crash here though. Can you attach the xslx file you created from LibreCalc to a post here?

Thanks for the reports

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

4 hours ago, Jon P said:

Hi,

I've created an xlsx file in Numbers, this crashes on import for me on Mac, I've logged this.

An xlsx file created from LibreCalc (in Windows) silently fails to import, which I've also logged - I've not reproduced a crash here though. Can you attach the xslx file you created from LibreCalc to a post here?

Thanks for the reports

What you describe as a failure to import is what happened here. Also the file was not made in LibreOffice but just imported and Saved As... with a different name. I need to update my LibreOffice suite.

Here is the file Generated in Apple's Numbers, exported as .xlsx, opened in LibreOffice then Saved As...

xl libre.xlsx

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I also had a crash when trying to Place an xlsx file exported from Numbers (newest version), a very, very simple single table. 

A simple xlsx file from Excel failed to Place as mentioned above -- nothing happened.

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff
5 minutes ago, obef said:

Maybe you're interested, today I tried to import an Excel file with the last beta of Publisher, it seems to be ok... 

Thank you for this. An improvement has been made in this area, but QA failed the fix as it can still crash/hang in some circumstances. Another fix has been made for the next beta, so please try your files again later in the 1.8.0 beta process.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.