You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pressure glitch when Drawing ?

AjaxF

Hello!

I'm running into a weird issue with pressure input / sensitivity when drawing in Affinity Photo. Basically, what happens is: I'll be drawing and when I switch windows (say, to do something else) and come back to my drawing - the pressure goes weird and it's like it doesn't recognize the strokes being made. Instead what happens is I'll get these 'straight lines' (with a tapered pressure). Same thing applies with erasing too. Luckily, I was able to capture a video of it. You can see in the video that I went to play a song in my web browser (Firefox, ver. 70.0.1), and when I go back to my drawing that's when it acts up. I can then save my work, close my document, re-open it, and everything is back to normal.

Any idea what would be causing this issue? I'm very curious to know...

Software:
- Affinity Photo (1.7.3.481)

Hardware:
- Windows 10 (1903, Build 18362.418), AMD Ryzen 2700X, Radeon 580 8GB, 16GB DDR4 ram.
- Wacom Cintiq 24 HD (Driver 6.3.37-3)

Here's the YouTube link:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, AMD RX 580 8GB
Wacom Cintiq 24HD

• Staff

Hey AjaxF,

This is a known bug and a pretty annoying one at that. The temporary workarounds (until we fix it) are to Alt+Tab or try disabling Windows Ink from your Wacom preferences. You can also try preventing this by clicking the document instead of the UI when returning focus.

This is being looked at so please try the workarounds for now. Sorry about this.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Wacom Tablet starts drawing straight line after changing focus) of the program in the latest Windows customer beta of Affinity Photo and/or Affinity Designer. If you would like to try these changes the beta software is available in the forum posts listed below. However, you will need to enable Windows INK inside the Wacom Mapping tab. 

The 1.8.0.526 beta builds are in links at the top of these beta forum posts.

Once these programs have been through a full beta process the change will be released in a future free 1.8.0 update/patch to all customers.