You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Customer Beta 1.8.0.502

16 minutes ago, fde101 said:

I can't find this option... where am I missing it?

image.png.a07c78fc40f3506fb3851ac635f92dc7.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

As you seem unable to keep this thread on topic, all the off topic discussion is now here.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I found what I think is a bug in Affinity Publisher beta 1.8.0.502. This is from my first post to this forum:

Probably that wasn't the right place to post. Sorry.

Possible bug:

As it is now in the Release Version (1.7.3) and the Beta (1.8.0.502) if you have Paragraph > Flow > "Justify Vertically" turned on and the text flows from text frame 1 to text frame 2 and you would have an orphan without "Prevent widowed last lines", the text at the bottom of the first text frame does not go to the bottom as it should to be "justified vertically." If you shut off "Prevent widowed last lines", the text is justified vertically as it should be, but now you've got a widowed last line at the top of the next text frame.

I don't want to put the file up publicly, but I'd be happy to share it with developers. Is there an address to which I could send a link so the developers only can download the file and check it?

Or maybe they can just duplicate the problem themselves without my file.

Hi ETC, 

bugs related to the public beta versions of Affinity Publisher should go here.

Just create a new thread by clicking the Start New Topic button. The problem is that the current thread will be locked as soon as there is a new beta version. From that point on, neither you nor the development team will be able to discuss your findings any further. Which is certainly unfortunate. :)

Start.thumb.png.aa7dc1ab96a73e114140daba66434469.png