You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Are the hyperlinks directly on the document page, or were they put there by a Master  Page?

I think the studio does not show hyperlinks that are really on a Master Page.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi Zignice,

Welcome to the forums :)

Could you please provide a copy of the .afpub file so we can look into this further for you? If you wish to keep your file private you can upload it to the following link -

https://www.dropbox.com/request/xrtW0eoyLs6bXby3mTNE

Many thanks in advance!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

Thanks for your file, I've been able to replicate your issue in the current retail version (1.7.3) however this bug has already been fixed in our 1.8 beta. As you can see from the following screenshot, the Hyperlink Studio is correctly populated -

image.png

You can find a download link for the latest Mac beta here -

I hope this helps!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

• 1 month later...

I'm having a problem with hyperlinks.  Added them, but it doesn't work.  Tried using it in pdf, preview print, etc on the Mac and it doesn't link to anything.  I have to use Microsoft Word to link the actual word when it's all done.  Went through the whole process.  Text, interactive, hyperlink, url, etc.  copied exact url and paste.  nothing works.

• Staff

Hi jbatten :)

Could you please provide a copy of your .afpub file to the following link for me? Thanks in advance :)

https://www.dropbox.com/request/YRSit6IvIymYVarc70wt

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

My sincerest apologies, we don't receive a notification when files are uploaded, so I was awaiting confirmation here - although I could have made this clearer.

I opened your file in Publisher, then navigated to View>Studio>Hyperlinks. This shows me that 2 Hyperlinks are applied to your document, one to the Text Frame object and one to the text itself - both of which link to the same web address.

I then exported the document to PDF (using the PDF (for export) preset) and opened the resulting PDF in Acrobat. Here, the hyperlink works as expected, with a cursor change when you hover over the object and one click launches the webpage -

2884fbd4c1cd1ca290737afb83a1afa2.gif

Could you please confirm, what Export settings were you using from Affinity for your PDF?

12 hours ago, jbatten said:

thanks very much.  it works in pdf mode.  I was saving it as an image, png or jpeg and it wouldn't work from the MAC preview.  Therefore, I would have to save it as pdf, which is okay.

There is no way that a hyperlink could be functional in an image file, so they really only make sense when exporting to PDF or PSD.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

37 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

There is no way that a hyperlink could be functional in an image file, so they really only make sense when exporting to PDF or PSD.

I have never tried exporting an .afpub document with hyperlinks to the PSD format. Anybody know if that works?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

AFAIK Photoshop (and therefore .PSDs) don't natively support hyperlinks, as Photoshop uses the Slice tool to create a HTML sidecar file and therefore the hyperlink won't be retained in a .PSD from Affinity - however if anyone knows more in regards to PS/.PSDs than I do I'd be more than happy to learn! :D

2 minutes ago, Dan C said:

AFAIK Photoshop (and therefore .PSDs) don't natively support hyperlinks, as Photoshop uses the Slice tool to create a HTML sidecar file and therefore the hyperlink won't be retained in a .PSD from Affinity - however if anyone knows more in regards to PS/.PSDs than I do I'd be more than happy to learn! :D

That's right, see for example here or this video here. - Further generally in order to be able to support and include hyperlinks (link references), a certain file format must be in some way container oriented structured.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2