Joachim_L

Turning Capitals into lowercase (starting with uppercase character)

Is there any way to achieve this?

Example: Turning BLAUKRAUT BLEIBT BLAUKRAUT into Blaukraut bleibt Blaukraut.

I have hundreds of lines in several PDF files and I am too lazy to write the text all anew. I know there are converters on the net, but I would like to do this in APu.

TIA

I have no problems others seeing me what I (really) am. ;)

Edit: To make a complete fool of me - is it even possible to make Capitalisation part of a Character or Paragraph style?

Edited by Joachim_L
Another bizarre question ...

47 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

The author of a thread can hide the thread by hiding the original post ;) 

In haven't tried recently, but my memory is that this only works before there's a reply to that post. After there's a reply I thought only moderators could hide the topic.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.514 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.514 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.518 Beta

3 hours ago, Joachim_L said:

Edit: To make a complete fool of me - is it even possible to make Capitalisation part of a Character or Paragraph style?

There is Capitals section in Text Style settings which capitalizes and more very nicely. As in InDesign, it cannot make all caps text lower case, but it can make text appearance (instance) from lower case to all caps (and more). This is very useful as you can use text variables to copy text and it can be lower case (like in header part) even when the headline part is all caps. (OK, I do not know if text variables has been applied in Publisher that far yet).

BTW, change case function cannot know which words should start with cap and which not so german will need some manual care anyway...