You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer 1.7.3 crashes when copying text frame with pasted vector in it

Designwiz

Hello,

I have documents created with Designer 1.7.1. I pasted a vector logo into a text frame (which is in a symbol, if it matters or not I do not know). When copy/pasting the text frame in Designer 1.7.1 all is good. However, updating to 1.7.3 results in a crash when performing the copy operation of the text frame.

To me, the last stable versions of Designer and Publisher are 1.7.1 as I also ran into a serious bug when using Publisher 1.7.2, see: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/96343-publisher-172-embedded-document-related-bugs/

I am pretty busy these days, so I have no time to test which application versions are reliable and which are not, so I cannot investigate such issues further.

1.7.1 versions are not bug free either but at lest no serious bugs emerge in my workflow. That is why trying to update1.7.1 is something I will try to avoid in the near future for sure.

Edited by Designwiz
fixed typo in title

12 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Would it be possible for you to attach a copy of the file containing the text frame that crashes when you copy it please?

Hello @Sean P

I am not allowed share the file I'm afraid. BTW, in the meantime v 1.7.1 let me down too, unfortunately. Even though the copy/paste operation worked there, when I changed text styles in the text frame in question, somehow non-detached symbols place on different artboards went out of sync. When trying to fix it, all artboards disappeared so I had to revert to the last saved document.

I decided not to use pasted-in vectors within text frames, instead I press the spacebar a few times to make room for the vector icon and group the icon with the text frame. This is how a beginner would do it, but if the feature does not work properly, I have no choice but to use this hackish technique.