You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

combine two or more curves to one

Dear Forum,

I am quite new to this forum and I need help. I want to switch from adobe to affinity and at the moment I am trying to do the things I do every day with photoshop with affinity photo to see if I can change to this program.

Therefor I started to use the iPad App for Affinity Photo. If everything will work I will also use the desktop app.

I want to cut out an item out of a photo with a mask. I want to do it with a curve. Creating the curves is very easy and works like I hoped. But now I have the problem that I created 5 curves because there are holes in the item and I can not combine the curves to one curve. I can only use each single curve as a mask but not all.

Please tell me that I am only too new to that program and couldn't find it.

Thanks a lot

I found it

because I have the German version I don't know exactly if the menu has the same names.

I marked the different layers with the curves and then opened the menu with the three dots (next to the personas). There is a point "geometry" and in there you find "Xor". This will combine the different curves to one so that you have the whole object and the hols in it too.

This app is a really strong tool.

I just have to find the solution for my everyday problems and if this all will work fine I will say goodbye to adobe :)