You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to avoid scaling between Affinity Designer and Inkscape

I use Inkscape with Affinity Design to get the functionality that Affinity Designer needs to improve/add (such as better expand stroke, dxf import export).
When I copy and paste any graphic element from Affinity Designer to Inkscape it's scaled up by a factor of 3.125 and vice versa.

Is there any way to avoid this scaling between this two programs?

On Windows it scales indeed. The reason is, that Inkscape expects 96 dpi. But I think @saikat your document was set up with 300 dpi. Working in both documents with 96 dpi should be your workaround.

But, there seem to be conversion errors during copy'n'paste as haako already reported. I created three squares 60 x 60 mm, 50 x 50 mm and 40 x 40 mm in ADesigner with the transform panel (Force pixel align and Move by whole pixel enabled), copied them and pasted them into Inkscape. Result of dimension in Inkscape were: 60,6 x 60,6 mm, 50,006 x 50,006 mm and 40,217 mm.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Strange, I can't find a way to prevent the scaling when copying from a 300 dpi document.

I had to revoke my bold text in my last comment. I did not see, that all elements copied to Inkscape were images until I ticked "Copy items as SVG" in ADesigner's preferences. My fault, sorry.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Thank you for the replies guys.

1 hour ago, Joachim_L said:

Strange, I can't find a way to prevent the scaling when copying from a 300 dpi document.

I had to revoke my bold text in my last comment. I did not see, that all elements copied to Inkscape were images until I ticked "Copy items as SVG" in ADesigner's preferences. My fault, sorry.

You got it right, if I set the AD dpi settings to 96 I don't get any scaling while copying and pasting. 

Is there any to set the Inkscape document to 300 DPI?

2 hours ago, haakoo said:

I'm on windows and my document used is 300dpi and I don't have the scaling

I also have 300dpi for my AD document.  can't seem to avoid the scaling with that settings.