You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I am making a document made from 8x10 paper, double sided flipped long side, 6 pages. It's filled with text from a bunch of text I have saved as a .txt file. When I try to print it, every other page comes out light gray, the text contents are barely visible. Page 1 is ok but 3 and 5 are always gray. The rest are good. It was originally printing well. The last thing I changed before it "went bad" was to add light gray lines to the master near the margins to indicate where to put holes for hand threading. I have tried deleting these lines, it made no difference. The settings indicated some of the text boxes themselves had a light gray background, I changed this but again no apparent difference. I have checked the master for accidental background color, it was good. Help?

James

Hello Stokerg,

I tried printing the file as a PDF, the result does not show the grey. How do I attach my file as you asked? Also, I can't attach the original troublesome file, it's a list of all my passwords :-/. I will be trying a new file with other content today, let's see how that goes. Some other experiments too. I'll get right back. Thank you for your response.

James

242435793_8x10publisherpage3.thumb.jpg.864008e782d83aafa88c8de8ee3a181d.jpgHello,

re greyed out pages. I have made a new document, 2 sided flip long letter, 2 columns per page. Everything new and careful. The columns were filled with filler text. The result again is that the odd numbered pages, at least 3 and 5, are printed grey. I'm attaching the file here, I hope this is helpful. Thank you for your help, people.

Addendum: I reprinted the document named above. Page 3 is not grayed out this time, but has three odd areas of gray/black on it. Something is bunged up here! :-/ I scanned this page 3 and posted it here. Maybe twice. my apologies.

James

Hi and good morning from me,

I have been able to eliminate the gray pages by being more careful re formatting and eliminating text spillover. That is, it was happening because of user errors! Thanks to whoever read this and tried to help, it's solved now. I think Affinity Publisher is great, especially considering its price. I could never afford nor be able to properly use the product made by your competitor :-)

Thank you, James