You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I recently upgraded to MacOS Catalina. My refine edges seemed to start actingwonky after that.

When I choose to refine, the red mask shows up as expected. When I draw along the edges, all seems okay until the app finishes. At that point, the mask disappears and the marching and are completely gone.

If I  click Apply anyway (without seeing the results), the marching ants reappear and show where refinement took place, but I have to hit refine again, in order to do more work. Also, the previews only work while the mask is visible.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I've been using AffinityPhotofor years and I can work around this glitch but it really slows me down. Any help would be much appreciated.

MelG

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you. - Oscar Wilde

Hi Calllum,...

And thank you.

While attempting to make a recording I noticed something strange. Every time I clicked, the word "paste” would show up near the cursor.

It turns out, that I forgot I had installed a small utility called PopClip to test out, and it was interfering. After removing it, everything works as it should. 

Thanks again.

MelG

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you. - Oscar Wilde