You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher - Adjusting Autonaming of Image Exports

I am using Affinity to create card games or other cards, and with the way a number of programs and game websites handle file names I was wanting to find a way to force Publisher to add leading zeros so that the files would be listed in the same order regardless of which site or program is looking at them.

I couldn't see any settings to let me do that.

Current Setup:

FileName_1.png, FileName_2.png, FileName_20.png, FileName_21.png, etc

What I'd like:

FileName_001.png, FileName_002.png,..., FileName_197.png, etc

Which OS do you use? - Why not just rename all files afterwards via some OS scripting/batch (aka batch rename sequential files by padding with zeros)?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

58 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

Which OS do you use? - Why not just rename all files afterwards via some OS scripting/batch (aka batch rename sequential files by padding with zeros)?

Because it could be 90+ files and I'm not up for manually renaming those? It would be great to just be able to know if Affinity can do it for me. That's all. Count the pages being exported, then pad zeroes as needed.

I'm using Windows.

Well there are a bunch of possibilities to do that afterwards with filenames via renaming (Win tools, MS Powershell, batch jobs, python etc.).

A comfortable GUI based Win tool to use would probably be ...

... here.

Otherwise see for examples ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

8 hours ago, v_kyr said:

Well there are a bunch of possibilities to do that afterwards with filenames via renaming (Win tools, MS Powershell, batch jobs, python etc.).

A comfortable GUI based Win tool to use would probably be ...

... here.

Otherwise see for examples ...

I know those sorts of things exist, I hand around enough artists who for search engine purposes load repetitive tags to the end of their image names.

I was looking specifically for a work around in Affinity Publisher.

11 minutes ago, Halfling Caravan Games said:

I know those sorts of things exist, I hand around enough artists who for search engine purposes load repetitive tags to the end of their image names.

I was looking specifically for a work around in Affinity Publisher. 

AFAIK APub doesn't support or offer these things.