You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dark colors sublimation printing

missya1

Thanks for the reply!

While evaluating this case, please look at the two attached documents in my original post.

I'm following the attached guide from the ink vendor (I've tried asking them, but they asked me to reach out to you for further assistance) and using sRGB/8-bit and the ICC profile specific to the printer and ink I'm using. I've enclosed the ICC profile as well, so you can try it out for yourself on plain paper (this is for sublimation ink, so it'll probably look different on your regular CMYK printer, but it should still show up differently in the printed output from Photoshop and your application). I'm using a Relative Colourimetric rendering intent (as instructed) and have disabled driver specific color management.

I've used vendor supplied instructions for both applications (and the same rendering intent from the ICC). Both test files look the same in their respective applications on my display.

Is there anything obvious that I should double check that was not mentioned in the attached PDF instructions file that would affect my color work flow?

Kind regards,
Anette

Windows_EpsonL382_TexPrintR.icm

Affinity Designer 2019.pdf

• Staff

Hi missya1,

I've tried this using the supplied ICM profile when printing to Relative Colorimetric and also with the standard sRGB profile with Relative Colorimetric. I've attached photos of the results I'm getting (using the attached document). 

Would you be able to attach a copy of the document you are printing out in Affinity that is shown in your PDFs please?

EpsonICM.jpg

sRGBICM.jpg

• Staff

Are you using File > Open with that TIF? When you open it do you get a little pop up informing you that a colour profile as been assigned? Would you be able to do a File > Save As with the file you are printing in Affinity Designer and attach the AFDesign file please?

I've attached a photo showing my results using the print above with the Epson L382 profile in the print settings.

IMG_2195.jpg