You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

CTRL function not working on node selections.

Glad I found this Forum... so far its answered a number of issues i've been experiencing. 
However, due to a lack of text warping capabilities within Designer I'm having to go old school and take the long road just to be able to manipulate text.  (Sadly my subscription to Adobe expires very soon and my workflow is definitely going to suffer accordingly, so I really hope Affinity have something up their sleeve) 
But I have hit a bit of a snag in that the CTRL function for converting nodes to smooth on a path now doesn't work... Nor too when selecting curve handles to be able to equally spread the curve uniformly.  When you've become so used to a workflow and then suddenly that functionality seems to stop it can get quite frustrating.  
Anyone else having issues of this type?  I've watched a few video uploads that clearly show the shortcut methods using CTRL to adapt curves equally ... have I switched something off by mistake? 
I really hope there is a solution to my pain.  
Thanks in advance.

• Staff

Hi PixelJuice,
Are you running Windows? ctrl is the modifier used on Mac, the corresponding "key mapping" for Windows is the right mouse button - so in the first case press the right-mouse and left-mouse button simultaneously and click the node (with it already selected first) to convert it to a smooth node, on the second click both mouse buttons (left and right) simultaneously and drag the control handle (so both handles increase/decrease their (relative) lengths simultaneously).

The differences are due to macOS offering four modifiers keys while Windows only provides three. We had to make some compromises to keep the modifiers (mapping) consistent between the two platforms. This however may change later (it's till open for discussion/with the dev team),

Hi Meb... 

Thanks for the prompt reply... 
Yes I am using windows 10 (all up to date) and I thought CMD was the Mac modifier? I've not used a MAC in years.  However, the CTRL function was working up until recently. but has just suddenly stopped.  I will try the double mouse click as you suggest and let you know....  Thanks again for your help.