You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

no RAW support für Panasonic S-Line RAWS (RW2)

@Jog_2705

Did you see this pinned post at the top of this forum?  It lists all the cameras supported by the RAW engine in APh.  

Unfortunately, I don't see yours listed.  :S  I know Serif are dependent on an external library for the RAW formats support; hopefully that library will be updated fairly soon to enable you to use the Affinity RAW engine.

If you are using a MAC there is an alternative engine (automatically installed in your OS) which might enable you to open your files.  If you're on Windows, the usual advice is to use the RAW developer supplied by Panasonic, save the "developed" image as .tif or .tiff and open that file in APh for further work.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Hi Jeff,

thx for fast replay. No, I didn't noticed the supported list but you are Right, the S1 isn't supported so far but I wonder because they is now for 3/4 Year out. Hopefully Serif will add new models soon...it's a bit difficult to work without raw support. btw … the S1 dosn't have the Option to store the files in tif..mhhh not easy.

regards Jog

2 hours ago, Jog_2705 said:

Hopefully Serif will add new models soon.

RAW support is provided by Libraw, and Panasonic S1 support has only just been included in the most recent update.  Unfortunately, while that version's been included in the latest AP beta, the S1 doesn't work.  There are still issues with some of Canon's CR3 files as well, but I don't know if these are problems with Libraw or AP (or both of them).  

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

• Staff
4 minutes ago, IanSG said:

Unfortunately, while that version's been included in the latest AP beta, the S1 doesn't work.

The latest Photo beta does not include Libraw 201910 which adds this camera

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

20 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

The latest Photo beta does not include Libraw 201910 which adds this camera

My apologies!  I'm confused though - I thought 201910 was the first version to include CR3 support, and there's some CR3 support in the latest AP beta.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

• Staff
13 minutes ago, IanSG said:

I'm confused though - I thought 201910 was the first version to include CR3 support, and there's some CR3 support in the latest AP beta.

I am not sure about this info either (sorry I should) I will try to get better info about the CR3 timeline and what is already in 1.8.0.486

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

OK, so CR3 support in 1.8.0 is by direct communication with Canon, not LibRaw. We have made an improvement to the implementation for the next beta to attempt to fix the problems with CR3 and build 486. Hope this makes that issue clearer

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff
1 hour ago, Jog_2705 said:

yes it's clearer but I am interested in RW2 Panasonic RAWS from DC-S1 Model..not CR3 Canon :-)

That was not aimed at you, I was replying to IanSG, which is why I quoted him.

I have answered you here above. When we implement LibRaw 201910 your camera will be supported, and I do not know when that will be, sorry

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

is a bit appart from my workflow to convert first with a Adobe product to dng only to be able to work on it in AffPhoto

I will buy Capture One instead ...that works fine for my newest cw2, it's a shame because I like AP … but thanks a lot for your time and good tips.

5 hours ago, Jog_2705 said:

is a bit appart from my workflow to convert first with a Adobe product to dng only to be able to work on it in AffPhoto

I will buy Capture One instead ...that works fine for my newest cw2, it's a shame because I like AP … but thanks a lot for your time and good tips.

The Apple RAW engine on macOS Mojave and iOS 12 does support the Panasonic DC-S1, there on Macs APh can be switched to use that RAW engine then instead. On Windows however actualy the Affinity RAW engine doesn't yet support that cam. - Well Capture One is a pretty good and much more powerful RAW processor.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2