You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've always found it difficult to learn how to do something without the need to do it and since I don't have a specific need at the moment for many of Affinity's features, getting to grips with some of them is a slow process. One of the problems I have is 'why would I need that feature?'.

Although I'm tackling Design at the moment, some of its features seem based on Photoshop, of which I've no experience. For those in a similar position to me, the following website seems to complement Serif's help and fills in some of the gaps, especially regarding 'why?'.

https://www.photoshopessentials.com/

I think Serif's own tutorials are probably more relevant and easier to follow (especially for newcomers to the Affinity range,) rather than trying to convert Photoshop tutorials.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Thanks Paul.

Serif's help files explain how to do things but not always why, at least that's what I'm finding as a newcomer to Affinity.

The explanations on the website I linked to are in greater depth and are helping me to better understand Serif's information. The information complements Serif's but doesn't replace it.