You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Finding it difficult to fully commit to Affinity

Finding it difficult to fully commit to Affinity  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Affinity apps for press-ready artwork?

• Yes, never had a problem, never looked back!
    • No, not sure if I can fully trust file output for print.
    • Sometimes, still testing it out to see how it goes.

Just wondered if anyone else is having the same hesitations as me?

My problem isn't that I don't like Affinity products, quite the opposite: I am still learning how they work all the time and there is so much that I really like, the more I use them the more I find it annoying when I go back to Adobe.

So, what's the problem? 

Unfortunately when it comes to sending press-ready PDFs to print I am unsure if I can fully trust Affinity Designer and Publisher, so the easy option is to stick with tried and tested Illustrator and InDesign.

I am using Photo very often now for web based artwork, I have recently completed 3 new logo design projects with Designer with no issues. But only one print job has been done so far with Publisher (a small run business card), again with no issues. I just can't quite commit and produce a brochure design for example with Publisher in case something goes wrong at the printers.

In a typical daily workflow there is very little, if anything that I can't do with Affinity, but I am finding it difficult to jump this hurdle.