You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pouting Lips (AD)

VectorVonDoom

Now that summer is truly over I've just started some drawing again. This is for a portrait, a bit more than head and shoulders shot. It will be my first attempt, and possibly last (it's going very slowly), at a realistic one or pretty much any person come to that. I've bits to do around the edge to blend in but will do that when the skin is done.

I guess it will show up here pretty much full screen, it obviously won't be that large when on the face, so zoom out or stand back.  I've included the AD file just in case you're interested. 

Lips.afdesign

Lips.jpg

Marc

ArtByMarc.me

It's getting there. So far it's not looking too terrible! This and finishing off the dragonfly (I've not touched it over summer) might well be the last ones I do in this style at least for a while. Would be nice not to have to check Scale with Objects a million trillion times xD.

Marc

ArtByMarc.me

11 hours ago, VectorVonDoom said:

Would be nice not to have to check Scale with Objects a million trillion times xD.

So totally with you there. I'm guessing I have several hundred thousand layers, most of which needed the scale with objects tick box checked, on my illustration. I'm dreading that I've missed a few. I know when I first started I didn't use it and had to go back through clicking an absolute tonne of objects. :52_fearful:

I so hear you guys with this issue.  My work is no where near this intricate and every time I open AD and finish a piece that is uppermost in my mind.....did I check that darned little box for each time I changed something?  I wish we could have a default check....or a personalized setting that would stay.   Must be a reason for not having it....but for what I do for fun I would really find it helpful. Did not mean to get off topic VectorVonDoom….Your work on these lips is sensational to say the least!

Yes I know, I can't think when I wouldn't want it checked. If I scale the artwork I want my blurs scaled too or it changes the look. I don't really use any other effect. But it does sort of become second nature to check the box before setting anything.

Perhaps when scripting comes along we can just do a little script to go through everything with an effect and set it checked in code. I think I read a while back (can't remember where, not here) that it was planned for this year but that doesn't seem likely now even in beta.

Marc

ArtByMarc.me