You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

can't access "all photos" when importing on Affinity Photo for iPad

For some reason, I am unable to access "All Photos" when importing photos on Affinity Photo for iPad.  When I select "Import From Photos",  the first folder in the upper left corner is "Recents" followed by "Favorites", "Recently Added", "Selfies" and so on.   Don't see a "All Photos" option to access to all of my photos that are present in the Photos App on my iPad.  Currently, I am using iCloud Photos for storage of my photos and also have the "Download and Keep Originals" option selected under settings on my iPad.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Martin

Same; however, if I click recents and scroll down all my photos are available.  I don’t know if this is just how it was designed or bug not to include the Photo tab.  It seems Affinity 1.7.3 and macOS updates are creating many unusual conflicts.  

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

I think 'Recent' just presents ALL photos in chronological order.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

44 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Hi all,

@DM1 is correct. Recent is "All photos" . 

I agree, but the +Tab AP iPadIOS  is Photos, to open new project.  

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

• 11 months later...

iOS 14 - go to Settings > Affinity Photo. You’ll see the Photos app listed (I did).

It said “selected" next to Photos (meaning Af Photo only has access to ‘selected photos’). Touching that, took me to other options, including “all photos" = job done  .

Each time you update your iOS, I think this might need re-establishing. Or at least a major update (13 to 14). That’s what happened to me. I accidentally ended up with "selected photos only" in the settings after updating my iOS. That, or I did something, which is possible.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Words are crude implements, difficult to get perfect, easy to get tied in knots with, and often - usually - misunderstood, which is why 'tolarence' is the best word of all.

The word "professional" fits us all - amateur, semi-pro, beginner, advanced, middle, beyond it all, and on....., because professionals are tolerant.