You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why Does Affinity Page Look Different?

I use Affinity Photo several times a week, and when I open it, the page looks the same, with all the tools and layers panels etc. and trash visible. So today, when I open it to edit an image,  the tool bar, the color picker, the layers panel, the trash, etc. are nowhere to be seen unless I go to Views/Studio and open them, and then they are not somehow "attached" to the work window. I am sure I did nothing ---- certainly nothing intentional! ---  to change any arrangement, but this is very annoying  ,because it seems to have come out of nowhere, and  I suddenly have to hunt for  the color picker, or whatever  I need to work with --- such as, if I decide to delete an adjustment layer, where's the trash  It's not where it used to be! Everything's all split up. I'm not sure I'm making myself clear, but if not I could send a screen shot.  What happened?  Anyone have any ideas?

No, haven't tried that yet. This has never happened before, and I have been using Affinity for quite some time now.  I was not aware of hitting the Tab button --- I had no reason to while I'm working In Affinity ---- but I wouldn't have known that would hide the panels.  so I'm baffled. I am used to everything being right where I want it when I open Affinity.  I did take a look at views>studio ---clicking on anything there brings up the panel i need, but they're all overlapping.  I didn't see a reset. I'll look again. Thanks. It's like opening your socks drawer and they're all scattered all over the place. 

I tried reset studio. It didn't make any difference. The panels are all still separated from the page. I want to see everything at once, arranged nicely to the left and right. That's the way it was, until today. And I still can't figure out why, or how to get it back the way it was. 

If you're on Mac perhaps you enabled Separated mode. If so, go to the View menu and uncheck that choice.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thank you to both Walt & Przemyslaw. Page seems to be back to "normal" now. I still don't know how it got out of whack.  I'm not a photographer, I only use Affinity to adjust images of paintings and drawings, so my in-depth knowledge of the app is limited --- although I like it and find it on the whole easy to navigate. I tend to "learn" about a feature only as I feel the need to use it. :)