You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Error message after starting all three betas

I have installed the latest Affinity software on a new Windows 10 system. All three programs were installed without any problems.

Then I installed the three latest beta versions (1.8.0.486 / 1.8.0.499). When I start one of these programs, two error messages appear one after the other (see screenshots). This happens with all three betas. On the other, older Windows 10 system this problem did not occur. Apparently the betas miss two dll files.

After I confirm the two messages with "OK", the betas start normally.

image.png.80cddd48270f95f2909acd509a9e0735.png

• Staff

Hey Michail,

We first found this internally but we aren't too sure what the cause is :( 

We can workaround it by copy and pasting the install directory location into the .exe 'Start in' box.

So, locate your beta shortcut .exe (in my example I'm using Photo) and right-click > Properties > Shortcut. Now you will see the 'Start in' box. Just copy and paste the app install directory into that box, for example - C:\Program Files\Affinity\Photo Customer Beta

image.png

On 11/12/2019 at 3:21 PM, Chris B said:

We first found this internally but we aren't too sure what the cause is :(
We can workaround it by copy and pasting the install directory location into the .exe 'Start in' box.
So, locate your beta shortcut .exe (in my example I'm using Photo) and right-click > Properties > Shortcut. Now you will see the 'Start in' box. Just copy and paste the app install directory into that box, for example - C:\Program Files\Affinity\Photo Customer Beta

Thank you for the suggested solution.
Please excuse me for forgetting to tell you here how I solved the problem for myself: I installed MS Visual C++ which implements these missing files.

I don't understand, however, that the problem only occurs with betas, and not with purchase versions. :35_thinking:

• Staff

Hey Michail,

As of the 1.8 betas, we've changed the way we link some of our dependencies, and there was an issue with one of them being able to find the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime; this has been fixed and shouldn't be a problem in future versions/betas.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.