gyan1

affinity photo brushes disappeared

Hello community,

Not sure what happened, for months i have used many brushes in affinity photo and have added tons as well.

Suddenly noticing, there are only default brushes left. All my brushes have disappeared.

Help very much appreciated.

Thanks

Gyan

Hi gyan1 :)

I'm very sorry to hear this! Could you please confirm for me:

• Have you recently reset your Affinity app for any reason?
  • Have you recently updated your OS?
  • Do you have a third party 'cleaner' app installed on your PC that may have moved/deleted the files?

I'd like to investigate what may have caused this here, for this I'm going to need a copy of one of your Affinity Photo .propcol files.

Please open Windows Run (windows Key + R) then paste the following string and press OK:

%appdata%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\user

In the window that opens, please select raster_brushes.propcol and attach a copy of this file here for me. Many thanks in advance!

Many thanks for your file Gyan, I can see that besides the default categories there is currently one custom category called 'Skeleton' in your brush file - are you expecting to see more than this one category?

Hi Peter 949,

I'm sorry to hear this. Could you please answer the below for me?

On 11/9/2019 at 2:56 PM, Dan C said:
  • Have you recently reset your Affinity app for any reason?
  • Have you recently updated your OS?
  •  Do you have a third party 'cleaner' app installed on your PC that may have moved/deleted the files?

I've also downloaded and installed your brush file, besides the default categories I can see the 'Inksy Street Art' category - are you expecting to see more than this one category?

@Dan C yes i had added tons of brushes in photo. Skeleton was just added to test the brushes in photo, that yes the software holds the added brush.

Just that tons of other brushes i had added in the last few months, all have disappeared.

Thanks for confirming that, I can see in your previous post history that in the below Photo Bug thread my colleague Gabe recommended renaming your app data -

Did you follow this step? If so this will be why you can no longer see your brushes, as they will be in this old folder. If you have the renamed folder, navigate to the same folder location from above and copy raster_brushes.propcol from the old app data to the current one.