You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Using the brush size slider result in displaying standard mouse pointer

Hello!

When I edit the brush size via the menu's slider at the top and I move over the picture, the standard mouse pointer is shown but not the brust itself or it's size. The first click results in painting on the picture what is curious cause I got no brush shown but the mouse pointer.

•    Affinity Photo: 1.7.3.481
  •    What is your operating system and version : Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 both with latest patches
  •    What happened for you : The brush size slider results in showing the mouse pointer
  •    Provide a recipe for creating the problem (step-by-step what you did):
    • Clicked on the brush size slider at the top
    • A mouse pointer is shown
    • hovering over the picutre - still the mouse pointer is shown, but I like to see the brush (like in Photoshop)
  •    Screenshots (very handy) or a screen capture/video: Can't capture the mouse pointer
  •    Any unusual hardware (like tablets or external monitors or drives that may affect things) or relevant other applications like font managers or display managers: Two Monitors, Asus 4k and a Gamon 2k Tablet
  •    Did this same thing used to work and if so have you changed anything recently? (software or hardware): No, it never worked, even not with previous versions

Thanks,

Ushur

19 hours ago, Ushur said:

When I edit the brush size via the menu's slider at the top and I move over the picture, the standard mouse pointer is shown but not the brust itself or it's size. The first click results in painting on the picture what is curious cause I got no brush shown but the mouse pointer.

Hi @Usher

If you right click instead of left click, it will return to the brush without leaving any mark on the image, however the problem doesn't occur if you use the square bracket keys [ and ] to change the brush size.

Intel i7-10700 Gen10 CPU, 32GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1660 OC 6GB
Windows 10 Pro 22H2, 1x 1TB M.2 NVMe, 1 x 2TB M.2 NVMe. Affinity APh, APu, ADe

I am working with Photoshop and Affinity Photo parallel. So sometime I wonder about funny differences. Yes, the sliders are still open, but it's the same in Photoshop and there it works well with a preview. Of course it's just a minor bug, but another click somewhere else is an additional click you don't want to have.