Jump to content
StuartRc

Vector Assets: Flakes

Recommended Posts

Vector Assets from Inktober 2019 

Added a set of snowflake assets to resources
60 Snowflakes (Compounds and grouped objects)
30 Basic Elements (So you can make your own!)
Assets file containing all vector elements and some adjusted shapes

Attached file includes Asset Library and AD file as pages below:

INK Assets Snow 01_01@0.5x.jpg

INK Assets Snow 01_02@0.5x.jpg

INK Assets Elements 03@0.5x.jpg

Flakes.zip


AD 1.8.5.703+ Beta AD 1.9.0.815 | APh 1.8.5.703 + Beta AP 1.9.0.815
APu 1.8.5.703 +Beta Apu 1.9.0.798

OS:Windows 10 Pro 2004 OS Build 19041.572 + Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 20.5.1 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@StuartRc

Very useful set!  Many thanks indeed.

Jeff


Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics

 

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Missed something...meant to include the grid..It' pretty simple but useful!...file as attached. 

Snowflake Grid.zip


AD 1.8.5.703+ Beta AD 1.9.0.815 | APh 1.8.5.703 + Beta AP 1.9.0.815
APu 1.8.5.703 +Beta Apu 1.9.0.798

OS:Windows 10 Pro 2004 OS Build 19041.572 + Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 20.5.1 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

StuartRc... Thank you so much for this really wonderful set of FLAKES!!!

 

You are Awesome!

 

Can you tell me what Inktober is all about please? Sounds interesting!

 

Thank you

 

Angela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LyricsGirl said:

StuartRc... Thank you so much for this really wonderful set of FLAKES!!!

 

You are Awesome!

 

Can you tell me what Inktober is all about please? Sounds interesting!

 

Thank you

 

Angela

Inktober 2019


I gave up using Designer for hobby use - a "professional" vector drawing program without actual vector features. Customers waiting for five years in vain is more than any company can ask for. Maybe if Affinity Designer 2.0 gets real and advanced vector features I can use it. Until then... I am a customer, a potential upgrader and an active observer with an opinion. Currently I am slowly finishing a project I started in Designer.

Further... give up and please hire an UX (usability designer), Serif. It is how professional software is made in this century.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, LyricsGirl said:

StuartRc... Thank you so much for this really wonderful set of FLAKES!!!

 

You are Awesome!

 

Can you tell me what Inktober is all about please? Sounds interesting!

 

Thank you

 

Angela

Hi 

Yep sure... apart from the lack of sleep and a worn out Wacom:) it is simply a drawing challenge started by Jade Parker 4/5 years ago...
The official Link is here: Inktober but there is also a YouTube Channel: Jade Parker and also: Extra

There was also a report on the BBC this year about the project: bbc interview

There are a couple of articles on affinity Spotlight that give you some insight into what people do for the project:
RoundUp 2018
RoundUp 2019

Hope this helps!:)

Basically, 31 drawing =31 days (INK) [Word Prompts] but you don't need to..the objective is to take part. There are lots of options that you could choose
A. 1 Drawing/1 Drawing with 31 elements from the word prompts
B. Follow the official word prompts or not or make your own or not
C. Do as many as you like ..Pick the first 10/every other one/5/10/15/20 etc
D. Post online with #Inktober +Date (wherever you like;instagram/twitter/pinterest are popular) (I choose Pinterest:was Google but they took it away!)

Ink/paper/pens/pencil is the official line but yo can be digital. There are no strick rules. Equally you can use colour if you choose

One rule don't be frustrated if you do not complete...in 31 days...I have only managed it once in 4 years (2017) but was unhappy with the results...I last year I decided to concentrate on producing 31 drawings and ignore the time...(see how many you could do(18 last year/12 this year) in a month then carry on!)..Same applies this year but the drawings are more detailed but taking longer..+resources....When you put all the drawings side by side over the years you can compare and see the improvement (it works..but is time consuming)

 

Hope this helps...have a go:)
If you cannot wait until next year there are other challenges for most most..or create your own...There is also March of the Robots..in March strangely!..the same but with robots....

 


AD 1.8.5.703+ Beta AD 1.9.0.815 | APh 1.8.5.703 + Beta AP 1.9.0.815
APu 1.8.5.703 +Beta Apu 1.9.0.798

OS:Windows 10 Pro 2004 OS Build 19041.572 + Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 20.5.1 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, StuartRc said:

Hi 

Yep sure... apart from the lack of sleep and a worn out Wacom:) it is simply a drawing challenge started by Jade Parker 4/5 years ago...
The official Link is here: Inktober but there is also a YouTube Channel: Jade Parker and also: Extra

There was also a report on the BBC this year about the project: bbc interview

There are a couple of articles on affinity Spotlight that give you some insight into what people do for the project:
RoundUp 2018
RoundUp 2019

Hope this helps!:)

Basically, 31 drawing =31 days (INK) [Word Prompts] but you don't need to..the objective is to take part. There are lots of options that you could choose
A. 1 Drawing/1 Drawing with 31 elements from the word prompts
B. Follow the official word prompts or not or make your own or not
C. Do as many as you like ..Pick the first 10/every other one/5/10/15/20 etc
D. Post online with #Inktober +Date (wherever you like;instagram/twitter/pinterest are popular) (I choose Pinterest:was Google but they took it away!)

Ink/paper/pens/pencil is the official line but yo can be digital. There are no strick rules. Equally you can use colour if you choose

One rule don't be frustrated if you do not complete...in 31 days...I have only managed it once in 4 years (2017) but was unhappy with the results...I last year I decided to concentrate on producing 31 drawings and ignore the time...(see how many you could do(18 last year/12 this year) in a month then carry on!)..Same applies this year but the drawings are more detailed but taking longer..+resources....When you put all the drawings side by side over the years you can compare and see the improvement (it works..but is time consuming)

 

Hope this helps...have a go:)
If you cannot wait until next year there are other challenges for most most..or create your own...There is also March of the Robots..in March strangely!..the same but with robots....

 

Wow! I shall have to get some tools for this and practice. Yes I like a cjallenge at times! Thank you so much!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, LyricsGirl said:

Thank you! Looks interesting except I am a MESSY person! Will secrety;y practice before next year though...just in case!

If you are messy person I recommend to practice applying a structured approach to serious designs as well. It REALLY makes some design work easier... because you avoid getting trapped in a hole of bad decisions, bad results and starting over again with parts of the design... or the whole shebang. It sounds boring and like the opposite of being creative but wrong wrong. That is why having a mentor/tutor is gold. You need methods. I was messy too many years ago, not going back. :)

You don't have to way 11 months. :235_bee: My personal favorite is 100 days of whatever you need to learn. You don't have to share or participate in anything, just practice for 100 days what you would like to learn. When you see how much you learned in just 100 days you will want MORE! The snowball starts rolling.

Method, discipline & hard work, a great idea and talent makes great results.


I gave up using Designer for hobby use - a "professional" vector drawing program without actual vector features. Customers waiting for five years in vain is more than any company can ask for. Maybe if Affinity Designer 2.0 gets real and advanced vector features I can use it. Until then... I am a customer, a potential upgrader and an active observer with an opinion. Currently I am slowly finishing a project I started in Designer.

Further... give up and please hire an UX (usability designer), Serif. It is how professional software is made in this century.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2019 at 2:11 PM, StuartRc said:

Missed something...meant to include the grid..It' pretty simple but useful!...file as attached. 

Snowflake Grid.zip

This is a great example of structure and method in design. The grid is a simple but extremely useful platform. It is good to have you and your productivity here, @StuartRc :219_octopus:


I gave up using Designer for hobby use - a "professional" vector drawing program without actual vector features. Customers waiting for five years in vain is more than any company can ask for. Maybe if Affinity Designer 2.0 gets real and advanced vector features I can use it. Until then... I am a customer, a potential upgrader and an active observer with an opinion. Currently I am slowly finishing a project I started in Designer.

Further... give up and please hire an UX (usability designer), Serif. It is how professional software is made in this century.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will have to see! I have a lot for next year.. A book to finish, a Special Celebration,  songs to write more renovating!! BUT It would be a great self discilpline to do this! Thank you. You ar eAWESOME Jowday!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2019 at 12:45 AM, LyricsGirl said:

Will have to see! I have a lot for next year.. A book to finish, a Special Celebration,  songs to write more renovating!! BUT It would be a great self discilpline to do this! Thank you. You ar eAWESOME Jowday!

 

Holy cow, that is a LOT on one plate! :1_grinning: I wish you luck with it all. It is great to hear you are a creative soul. Life is not lost on you.


I gave up using Designer for hobby use - a "professional" vector drawing program without actual vector features. Customers waiting for five years in vain is more than any company can ask for. Maybe if Affinity Designer 2.0 gets real and advanced vector features I can use it. Until then... I am a customer, a potential upgrader and an active observer with an opinion. Currently I am slowly finishing a project I started in Designer.

Further... give up and please hire an UX (usability designer), Serif. It is how professional software is made in this century.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL! 4 years ago I was seriously ill- a 10% chance of survival .. So I make each day count!

 

Not that I never did before.. Life is so short.. but you only notice when you are old!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LyricsGirl said:

LOL! 4 years ago I was seriously ill- a 10% chance of survival .. So I make each day count!

Not that I never did before.. Life is so short.. but you only notice when you are old!

Seriously? Man I am glad you made it. I guess you are too! :1_grinning:

I am not young either, nor (really) old. I experienced a close call once too, although not as serious at all, but I was told it probably was. I thought the end was near for weeks. So thoughts emerged. I wasn't afraid, but I promised myself that if I made it, I would waste no time anymore, ever.

So I kinda know the feeling. You probably feel it much more. And now it just makes sense being creative.

This movie quote makes so much sense to me:  

 


I gave up using Designer for hobby use - a "professional" vector drawing program without actual vector features. Customers waiting for five years in vain is more than any company can ask for. Maybe if Affinity Designer 2.0 gets real and advanced vector features I can use it. Until then... I am a customer, a potential upgrader and an active observer with an opinion. Currently I am slowly finishing a project I started in Designer.

Further... give up and please hire an UX (usability designer), Serif. It is how professional software is made in this century.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So True!

 

Age is but a number trust upon us when we are born. Inside our age number changes depending on our mood, health and mental health.

 

We only get one shot at life so why fritter it away?

 

Thank you for those kind words!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.