You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vector Assets from Inktober 2019 

Added a set of snowflake assets to resources
60 Snowflakes (Compounds and grouped objects)
30 Basic Elements (So you can make your own!)
Assets file containing all vector elements and some adjusted shapes

Attached file includes Asset Library and AD file as pages below:

INK Assets Snow 01_01@0.5x.jpg

INK Assets Snow 01_02@0.5x.jpg

INK Assets Elements 03@0.5x.jpg

Assets File

Flakes.zip

Snowflake Sketch Versions 2023
A new asset set of 90 elements with 3 subcategories with each consisting of 30 snowflake assets
Each set has 20 Flat Vectors and 10 dual layer grouped assets (So you can simply re-colour!)

These are hand drawn versions of the originals + Extras. using the raster Comic Ink Blocker Brush set. Then converted to Vector

Excluded the base elements this time around...but we have the Knife tool now so Chop Chop is the way to go!

Category 01

Snowflakes HD 01@0.5x.jpg

Category 02

Snowflakes HD 02@0.5x.jpg

Category 03

Snowflakes HD 03@0.5x.jpg

Assets File

Snowflake Sketches.zip

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.1 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2356
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

@StuartRc

Very useful set!  Many thanks indeed.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Missed something...meant to include the grid..It' pretty simple but useful!...file as attached. 

Snowflake Grid.zip

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.1 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2356
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

1 hour ago, LyricsGirl said:

StuartRc... Thank you so much for this really wonderful set of FLAKES!!!

You are Awesome!

Can you tell me what Inktober is all about please? Sounds interesting!

Thank you

Angela

Inktober 2019

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

13 hours ago, LyricsGirl said:

StuartRc... Thank you so much for this really wonderful set of FLAKES!!!

You are Awesome!

Can you tell me what Inktober is all about please? Sounds interesting!

Thank you

Angela

Hi 

Yep sure... apart from the lack of sleep and a worn out Wacom:) it is simply a drawing challenge started by Jade Parker 4/5 years ago...
The official Link is here: Inktober but there is also a YouTube Channel: Jade Parker and also: Extra

There was also a report on the BBC this year about the project: bbc interview

There are a couple of articles on affinity Spotlight that give you some insight into what people do for the project:
RoundUp 2018
RoundUp 2019

Hope this helps!:)

Basically, 31 drawing =31 days (INK) [Word Prompts] but you don't need to..the objective is to take part. There are lots of options that you could choose
A. 1 Drawing/1 Drawing with 31 elements from the word prompts
B. Follow the official word prompts or not or make your own or not
C. Do as many as you like ..Pick the first 10/every other one/5/10/15/20 etc
D. Post online with #Inktober +Date (wherever you like;instagram/twitter/pinterest are popular) (I choose Pinterest:was Google but they took it away!)

Ink/paper/pens/pencil is the official line but yo can be digital. There are no strick rules. Equally you can use colour if you choose

One rule don't be frustrated if you do not complete...in 31 days...I have only managed it once in 4 years (2017) but was unhappy with the results...I last year I decided to concentrate on producing 31 drawings and ignore the time...(see how many you could do(18 last year/12 this year) in a month then carry on!)..Same applies this year but the drawings are more detailed but taking longer..+resources....When you put all the drawings side by side over the years you can compare and see the improvement (it works..but is time consuming)

Hope this helps...have a go:)
If you cannot wait until next year there are other challenges for most most..or create your own...There is also March of the Robots..in March strangely!..the same but with robots....

22 minutes ago, StuartRc said:

Hi 

Yep sure... apart from the lack of sleep and a worn out Wacom:) it is simply a drawing challenge started by Jade Parker 4/5 years ago...
The official Link is here: Inktober but there is also a YouTube Channel: Jade Parker and also: Extra

There was also a report on the BBC this year about the project: bbc interview

There are a couple of articles on affinity Spotlight that give you some insight into what people do for the project:
RoundUp 2018
RoundUp 2019

Hope this helps!:)

Basically, 31 drawing =31 days (INK) [Word Prompts] but you don't need to..the objective is to take part. There are lots of options that you could choose
A. 1 Drawing/1 Drawing with 31 elements from the word prompts
B. Follow the official word prompts or not or make your own or not
C. Do as many as you like ..Pick the first 10/every other one/5/10/15/20 etc
D. Post online with #Inktober +Date (wherever you like;instagram/twitter/pinterest are popular) (I choose Pinterest:was Google but they took it away!)

Ink/paper/pens/pencil is the official line but yo can be digital. There are no strick rules. Equally you can use colour if you choose

One rule don't be frustrated if you do not complete...in 31 days...I have only managed it once in 4 years (2017) but was unhappy with the results...I last year I decided to concentrate on producing 31 drawings and ignore the time...(see how many you could do(18 last year/12 this year) in a month then carry on!)..Same applies this year but the drawings are more detailed but taking longer..+resources....When you put all the drawings side by side over the years you can compare and see the improvement (it works..but is time consuming)

Hope this helps...have a go:)
If you cannot wait until next year there are other challenges for most most..or create your own...There is also March of the Robots..in March strangely!..the same but with robots....

Wow! I shall have to get some tools for this and practice. Yes I like a cjallenge at times! Thank you so much!

21 hours ago, LyricsGirl said:

Thank you! Looks interesting except I am a MESSY person! Will secrety;y practice before next year though...just in case!

If you are messy person I recommend to practice applying a structured approach to serious designs as well. It REALLY makes some design work easier... because you avoid getting trapped in a hole of bad decisions, bad results and starting over again with parts of the design... or the whole shebang. It sounds boring and like the opposite of being creative but wrong wrong. That is why having a mentor/tutor is gold. You need methods. I was messy too many years ago, not going back. :)

You don't have to way 11 months. :235_bee: My personal favorite is 100 days of whatever you need to learn. You don't have to share or participate in anything, just practice for 100 days what you would like to learn. When you see how much you learned in just 100 days you will want MORE! The snowball starts rolling.

Method, discipline & hard work, a great idea and talent makes great results.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

On 11/10/2019 at 2:11 PM, StuartRc said:

Missed something...meant to include the grid..It' pretty simple but useful!...file as attached. 

Snowflake Grid.zip

This is a great example of structure and method in design. The grid is a simple but extremely useful platform. It is good to have you and your productivity here, @StuartRc :219_octopus:

On 11/12/2019 at 12:45 AM, LyricsGirl said:

Will have to see! I have a lot for next year.. A book to finish, a Special Celebration,  songs to write more renovating!! BUT It would be a great self discilpline to do this! Thank you. You ar eAWESOME Jowday!

Holy cow, that is a LOT on one plate! :1_grinning: I wish you luck with it all. It is great to hear you are a creative soul. Life is not lost on you.

5 hours ago, LyricsGirl said:

LOL! 4 years ago I was seriously ill- a 10% chance of survival .. So I make each day count!

Not that I never did before.. Life is so short.. but you only notice when you are old!

Seriously? Man I am glad you made it. I guess you are too! :1_grinning:

I am not young either, nor (really) old. I experienced a close call once too, although not as serious at all, but I was told it probably was. I thought the end was near for weeks. So thoughts emerged. I wasn't afraid, but I promised myself that if I made it, I would waste no time anymore, ever.

So I kinda know the feeling. You probably feel it much more. And now it just makes sense being creative.

This movie quote makes so much sense to me:  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Snowflakes Sketching versions
90 Hand drawn vector Snowflakes! 
Updated this asset set with a new version of hand drawn Vector Snowflakes!.. Not that it is snowing! Partly based on the originals but with a grunge appearance. Edit with new tools it is much easier!😀 

Sets and samples as above

• 1 month later...