Eve L

Removing Spill Stains on Old Photo

Welcome to the forums.
In this particular case you can do this quite quickly using a Black & White Adjustment and a Recolour Adjustment.
I’ve attached images of the result and settings. Some tweaking will probably be needed for a more faithful result but it’s a simple fix in this circumstance.
Someone else will probably have a better – maybe more generalised – technique.

Annotation 2019-11-08 083203.png

Annotation 2019-11-08 082858.png

Annotation 2019-11-08 082942.png

Hi Garry,

Thanks so much for your easy to follow instructions. I'd been searching/watching Affinity tutorials, including an e-course and hadn't found a solution for correcting the photo. Your solution worked great so thanks again for the quick response!

You’re welcome.
Be sure to play around with the settings to get things just right; my example was done quickly and the colour balance isn’t quite right.
It’s also worth noting that this simple technique probably won’t work in all cases but it’s quick enough to try before looking for more complicated solutions.