You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Raw File Flicker Canon CR2 from 6D Mark ii

I have a new Canon 6D Mark ii. When I bring my raw CR2 files into Affinity they are doing a very dramatic flickering. I can still use the controls, though I can't see what effect they are having because of the flickering. The flickering is only in the image area itself, not the whole program and not the whole screen. When I apply the raw adjustments and save the file they seem to have worked and the saved file has no flickering. Previous Canon CR2 files from different older cameras had worked fine in Affinity. Is this a file problem or a setting problem or a bug in Affinity?

James

• Staff

Hi James G and Welcome to the Forums,

Are you running Affinity Photo on Mac or Windows?  I can see from your account with us you have Designer Mac, so i'll assume until otherwise corrected that its Affinity photo on Mac.  Which version of MacOS are you running?  If you can open a RAW file and while still in Develop click View>Assistant Manager, what is the RAW engine currently set to?  Can you try changing it to either Apple Core Image RAW or Serif Labs and then close the RAW file and reopen it and see how it acts.

I've tried to replicate the issue with a sample RAW file from the 6D Mark ii on my Mac running Catalina and didn't have any issues on either RAW engine.