You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot type into toolbar font selection box

Rabari

Since upgrading to Catalina, i cannot type anything into the main toolbar font selection box.

1. If I select some text in my document, then click in the font menu (which opens normally)…
  2. …and type in for instance "Adobe Caslon" to quickly change the font of my text in the document…
  3. …nothing happens in the font menu (it stays at "Arial"), but instead the text in my document is replaced with "Adobe Caslon"-

Workaround is to scroll to the desired font in the font menu.

Pic 1: Before clicking in the font menu box:

2028352520_Screenshot2019-11-07at20_48_53.png.d5436d172ce4f03eaf93d07d6e1745f5.png

Pic 2: after trying to select Adobe Caslon by typing in the font menu box (instead of scrolling down the font list) 1347877688_Screenshot2019-11-07at20_49_17.png.df8c9c1ba4541445a45ba6a1f397ac05.png

• Staff

Hi @Rabari,

Did you purchase the app from the Mac App Store or the Affinity Store?

If you purchased from the Mac App Store could you try these steps please:

Go to Macintosh HD\Users\username\Library\Containers\
rename the 'com.seriflabs.affinityPublisher' folder to 'com.seriflabs.affinityPublisher.old'
Start Publisher
This will have reset all of your settings so please note all of your assets, brushes, etc will not be there. Currently these are stored in the renamed folder so we can look at getting them back if this works for you. If Publisher does load up, could you zip up and attach a copy of the 'com.seriflabs.affinityPublisher.old' folder please?

Instead if you purchased from the Affinity Store could you try these steps please:

Go to Macintosh HD\Users\username\Library\Application Support\
rename the 'Affinity Publisher' folder to 'Affinity Publisher Old'
Start Publisher
This will have reset all of your settings so please note all of your assets, brushes, etc will not be there. Currently these are stored in the renamed folder so we can look at getting them back if this works for you. If Publisher does load up, could you zip up and attach a copy of the 'Affinity Publisher Old' folder please?

…aaaand suddenly everything works just as it should.

Without a restart. Without even quitting and restarting the app. Just letting everything sit over the weekend when I was away…

I have a feeling this is not the first time small problems seem to fix themselves. Are there silent updates going on behind our backs? :D

31 minutes ago, Rabari said:

Are there silent updates going on behind our backs? :D

Done by Pixies who will take the occasional single sock as payment.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.