You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

24 minutes ago, MEB said:

They may not appear to some users due to a bug that prevents them from displaying in certain circumstances (changing document tabs, toolbar customisation).

Thanks! That explains why I don't get the buttons. I actually only customized the Develop Persona toolbar by swapping out all the flexible spaces with one or more fixed width ones, but that was enough for the buttons not to be displayed.

Edit: I don't know if this will persist after restarting the app, but I managed to get the buttons to appear with a customized toolbar by opening a RAW file, choosing "Customize Toolbar...", dragging the default set into the toolbar, & then replacing all the flexible spaces with fixed width ones.

Maybe that will work for a few other Mac users, too. 

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 2 years later...
On 6/29/2018 at 10:38 AM, MEB said:

Note that currently they were only implemented on Mac. Since you are using Windows they will not appear for you.

It's been 3 years now. Will this ever be implemented in Windows version? I'm on 1.9.2 and still don't see them.

6 hours ago, v1ktor said:

It's been 3 years now. Will this ever be implemented in Windows version? I'm on 1.9.2 and still don't see them.

The document Rotation buttons are certainly there in the Develop Persona in 1.9.2 for me:

image.png.a0e16d64febc597a68c5af24aef58eea.png

Perhaps you've customized the Toolbar, and will need to re-customize it?

While in the Develop Persona, View > Customize Toolbar and if they're not there, add them.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, v1ktor said:

@walt.farrell Thanks. That was it. I wonder why it's not enabled by default. 

It is enabled by default, I believe, if you have not modified the layout of the Tools. But if you have modified that layout via View > Customize Tools, it could not be enabled without disrupting your custom layout.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

19 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

It is enabled by default, I believe, if you have not modified the layout of the Tools. But if you have modified that layout via View > Customize Tools, it could not be enabled without disrupting your custom layout.

I never touched Customize Tools before. I primarily use Designer, and only recently started using Photo. 

6 minutes ago, v1ktor said:

I never touched Customize Tools before. I primarily use Designer, and only recently started using Photo. 

In that case I can't explain why you didn't get it automatically. Sorry.

-- Walt
PC:

4 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

It is enabled by default...

I don't think it was on my Mac, but I am not certain about that because I rarely use the Develop persona. All I know for sure is after reading this topic, I had to add it to my toolbar because it was not there when I checked.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 9 months later...

It's still not enabled by default in 2022 and I checked both Mac and Windows versions.

My wife refuses to move from our old Adobe CS6 license partially because of this, which was the first issue she encountered and I had to come to the forum here to look up the answer. Ridiculously, rotating through the drop down menus only rotates the image by 30 degree increments (no idea why that would be useful). Also kind of silly that those buttons are only available in develop mode (I initially looked in the regular mode's customize options and got confused when I didn't see them).

45 minutes ago, eobet said:

Ridiculously, rotating through the drop down menus only rotates the image by 30 degree increments (no idea why that would be useful).

If you mean View > Rotate Left or View > Rotate Right, note that this just rotates the view of the document, not the document itself (which is why it is on the View menu). It is available in all personas. View > Reset Rotation restores the rotation of the view to normal. This is completely non-destructive; it is not even saved in the document, so the next time you open it, the view will be unrotated.

In the Develop persona, the two toolbar rotation buttons (Rotate Counter-clockwiseRotate Clockwise) actually do rotate the document itself by 90°.  This is also available in the Photo Persona on the Document menu.

Affinity Photo