You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo super slow on Catalina?

• Staff

Hi Sackadelic,

What are the specs of the Mac you are using?

I'm running Affinity Photo on a 2019 iMac here without any issues.  

A screen recording may help in this case.  Also if you check in Preferences of Affinity, on the Performance section, is 'Enable metal compute' enabled?  If so, try unticking it, restarting Affinity and see how it functions then.

Hi Sackadelic I hope you don't mind me joining in on you thread but I am finding Affinity extremely slow when opening up 14 bit raw files from my Z6 on my 27"  Mac with Sierra.

stokerg  you advised Sackadelic to check Affinity preferences, I also did that and I found a lot of boxes that need ticking on or off and I haven't the faintest clue what they mean.

I have attached a screen shot of my preference settings and I would like you to look at them and tell me I need to change anything.

Best regards to to you both.

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 7.33.09 PM.png