You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is this app can use raw edit with iPad mini 5?

Hi. I want to use this app for raw photo edit.

But this app crashed many times. (Infact, I paid just now and this app crashed 10 times all i try)

iPad mini 5's performance is capable to edit 20~40mb raw files with this app?

My ipad's software version is 13.2.

Thanks.

• Staff

Hi siz20971,

Welcome to the forums :)

Affinity Photo for iPad is supported on the iPad Mini 5 and you should certainly be able to open, develop and edit RAW files without the app crashing - so I'm very sorry to hear this is the case.

Could you please confirm, what model camera do your RAW images originate from?

At what point does the app crash, when loading the image? When developing it? Does this happen each time you load/develop a file, or only sometimes?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

23 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi siz20971,

Welcome to the forums :)

Affinity Photo for iPad is supported on the iPad Mini 5 and you should certainly be able to open, develop and edit RAW files without the app crashing - so I'm very sorry to hear this is the case.

Could you please confirm, what model camera do your RAW images originate from?

At what point does the app crash, when loading the image? When developing it? Does this happen each time you load/develop a file, or only sometimes?

Hi.

It seems like sufficient memory space, not exactly.

My Camera model is Sony RX100 M3.

I'll record and share my iPad screen.

Thanks.

• Staff
37 minutes ago, siz20971 said:

My Camera model is Sony RX100 M3

Thanks for confirming that, this is a supported RAW format so no obvious issues here.

38 minutes ago, siz20971 said:

I'll record and share my iPad screen

Please do, in the meantime I'll keep testing this issue here :) 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

On 11/8/2019 at 8:23 PM, Dan C said:

Thanks for confirming that, this is a supported RAW format so no obvious issues here.

Please do, in the meantime I'll keep testing this issue here :) 

Hi! I'm sorry for late. I'm busy in my work... 

Anyway, Here is my app crash video, and original raw file.

I'm using on iPad mini 5 i wroted.

Thanks.

dat.zip

• Staff

No problem at all, thanks for your file but unfortunately it appears as though your Zip file is corrupted, as I cannot open or extract the file here.

Could you please upload your screen recording (not zipped) to the following link for me? Thanks in advance!

https://www.dropbox.com/request/dkYddNbzQW1ba8HTjOy7

Please note -

Many thanks!

16 hours ago, Dan C said:

No problem at all, thanks for your file but unfortunately it appears as though your Zip file is corrupted, as I cannot open or extract the file here.

Could you please upload your screen recording (not zipped) to the following link for me? Thanks in advance!

https://www.dropbox.com/request/dkYddNbzQW1ba8HTjOy7

Ok. I uploaded again. Thanks.

• Staff

Thanks for your files and screen recordings. I've been able to replicate this crash here using the iPad Mini 5 and will log this with our developers now to be fixed - many thanks for your report!

Please note -

Many thanks!

On 11/13/2019 at 10:15 PM, Dan C said:

Thanks for your files and screen recordings. I've been able to replicate this crash here using the iPad Mini 5 and will log this with our developers now to be fixed - many thanks for your report!

Thanks!

I'll waiting update.