You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

12 hours ago, R C-R said:

I thought that might be what was meant, but on my Mac "Align Center" only centers horizontally. To center both horizontally and vertically, I must use that plus "Align Middle."

Perhaps I am still suffering from the aforementioned senior moment, but I do not see a way to combine the two into one keyboard shortcut. :/

Mhhh, I just took a look and it seems you simply can't.....Now, that I see you cannot assign a shortcut to macros, the reasons of which I don't really understand, and you can't assign the same key to two functions, it seems we are out of luck. The only way I see now is to create a Macro on the keyboard that would trigger to keys after another. Not very convenient.

I have to admit that I was really hoping Affinity could be a PS replacement for me and it makes me a little sad to come across big no no's so fast x_x Unfortunately, not production ready in my case. As long as Adobe hasn't broken the last remaining useful features, I have to stay there ;_;

23 minutes ago, dzigakaiser said:

I have to admit that I was really hoping Affinity could be a PS replacement for me and it makes me a little sad to come across big no no's so fast x_x

I know you prefer drag & drop for this but have you at least tried out the Place alternative, particularly with the modifier keys that provide a preview & dragging out from the center to set the placed size?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

10 hours ago, R C-R said:

I know you prefer drag & drop for this but have you at least tried out the Place alternative, particularly with the modifier keys that provide a preview & dragging out from the center to set the placed size?

Yes, I have. The problem is that I have xnview with my image library open and I browse and load a lot of files throughout a session and even if I bind a shortcut to the place command I would always have to browse into a folder and choose my file again. It is just very inefficient;(

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

none of these solutions are really useful for the task, it's a quite common thing to drop in several images at once

i work with game textures and screenshots, and often drop in a stack of 50+ images, to mass crop/scale etc
it would be terribly nice to have a setting to set imported images to centered
- and maybe even an option like PS which both center and scale imported layer to canvas size (both would be really helpful)

it's workflow problems like this that can make a break if the program is usable in a pipeline
having to manually move or click macros and other quirky things is not efficient in some scenarios (see img)

the best solution i found is to select all the layers, and hit arrange center then arrange middle, then drag them to snap center..

imgdrop.PNG

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I'm trying Affinity again and notice is has made big progress since a couple of years ago, great !

This nerve-racking behaviour however didn't change :(

When I drop in images, about 99% of the time I want them to appear centered. It not, I will arrange them in a later step. Photof*** does that by default (at least with me, maybe I changed some setting).

So please just do this very small thing: Create an option in settings like this: "Automatically center dropped Images" Done! Everyone's happy.

Best regards. And big thanks to dev team for their great work!

Hi Emil Petersen (I see you also correctly spell your last name) ;)

Do you drag & drop from say a browser or File Explorer? How about using the File>Place command? Using the latter, and with snapping enabled, you are shown the center of your canvas, by the red and green guides/lines.

Cheers, Ron Petersen

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD