SidianMSJones

How to get a vector from Affinity to Photoshop

Hi all, I've searched high and low for this answer, could you help?

When I copy a vector in Affinity and paste it in PS, it gets placed as a smart object. I need it to be placed as a vector object. Can this be accomplished?

On a sidenote, I'd love if when I double clicked a vector thumbnail in PS it would open in Affinity and let me edit and save there. Currently Affinity does open the vector and edit it, but when I save it just wants to save it as a new file in the computer.

It may not have all the features of Illustrator but Photoshop does interact with vector.

Normally, when copying and pasting a vector from AI to PS, you can paste it as a vector object. I'd just like to know if Affinity can do this as well.

When I copy/paste from Designer to Photoshop I get "Vector Smart Object". It is not though editable it seems. I do not know if it should be as support for vectors is not something PS excels in. 

Pasting to Illustrator results normal editable vector objects.

That's what I get too and it is not able to be edited within Photoshop. Not as a vector at least.

However pasting a vector from AI to PS gives me an actual vector shape, which is great, so we know it is possible to do.