You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Set PDF document properties

That's possible in Publisher, via the Fields studio panel, I believe.

I expect that it will remain exclusive to Publisher, though only Serif would know for sure.

Note that if you have both Publisher and Designer you could open your .afdesign document in Publisher, add the information, then continue working in Designer. Or you could use the Designer Persona within Publisher for many Designer functions.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 3 months later...

As far as I can tell, it's not simply a problem of not being able to control the PDF "Title" on export - if you duplicate or "save as" an existing Designer file, the new file will retain the original "Title" in an exported PDF:

Take a file "Acme Poster Design", save it as "Bill's Poster Design" to create a similar project for a new client - when you export "Bill's Poster Design" as a PDF, the Title is still "Acme Poster Design".

Not helpful, and I'd rather not have to buy Acrobat just to post-fix what seems to be an export bug.

This has been noted with Publisher recently in the forums, and in Designer years ago.

My apologies if a fix or simple work-around has been indicated elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Evening Films said:

Not helpful, and I'd rather not have to buy Acrobat just to post-fix what seems to be an export bug.

You don't have to buy Acrobat to fix it. Just fix the title in Publisher via the Fields panel before you export. Or fix it and export again if you notice it later. 

But something should be done to fix the situation automatically.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

Just fix the title in Publisher via the Fields panel before you export. Or fix it and export again if you notice it later. 

But something should be done to fix the situation automatically.

Thanks for the suggestion - if I'd read your earlier entry more carefully, I'd have picked up on your tip.  :)

Fortunately I do own Publisher, although rarely use it. I tried roundtripping my file from Designer, and sure enough, it did the trick.

Agree that it would be much simpler if Designer handled that natively, or it would simply put the current file name (or the export name) in the Title field, instead of the potentially problematic earlier version file name.

I'm not on here too often, but always impressed by the active community and quick response.. does Affinity watch these boards, or is there a separate bug report thread elsewhere? Thanks again!

You're welcome.

-- Walt
PC:

On 2/14/2020 at 10:48 PM, Evening Films said:

does Affinity watch these boards

Yes, the Affinity team from Serif does read these threads; they do not usually respond to feature requests, which is the section of the forum you are in.

On 2/14/2020 at 10:48 PM, Evening Films said:

is there a separate bug report thread elsewhere?

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/71-bug-reporting/