You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cntrol C causes Designer to crash !

I'm creating an extremely simple banner for a client.

They've provided me with their banner in low-res jpg form and I'm simply superimposing new text which I've created using the Artistic Text tool.

Their company name, a few services (about 12 words), a domain name, and a telephone number.

It can't get simpler than that !

If I try to copy anything, Control C, Edit->Copy, Right-Click and choose Copy, Designer crashes out.......

Not a good start to my first ever commercial use of Designer !

Very unusual. Does this only happen with this banner or with any other document you create? Used fonts? Used images? If you do not dare to share the file, maybe a moderator will give you a private link to upload the file.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff

Hi Jez,

It sounds as though you might have Windows Clipboard History enabled. Can you go to Start > Settings > System > Clipboard and switch Clipboard History off and see if that resolves your issue. 

If that is disabled could you give us some information on your document such as the size and DPI?

Thanks!

28 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Hi Jez,

It sounds as though you might have Windows Clipboard History enabled. Can you go to Start > Settings > System > Clipboard and switch Clipboard History off and see if that resolves your issue. 

If that is disabled could you give us some information on your document such as the size and DPI?

Thanks!

Yay :)

That fixed it :)

Thanks Sean :)