You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

5 hours ago, Stoney said:

FYI, the suggestion to change the computer's "Language & Region" works. I changed mine from Greece (where I live) to U.S. English (where I'm from), restarted Publisher and the language is now automatically set to U.S. English. Not sure how that change in the computer settings is going to impact anything else, though.

If I set the region to "United states", English UK is replaced by just English (in Publisher) and I have to change my text style accordingly. Apart from the notion that no software should force me to change my region to a place where I don't live, my preflight window still says "Spelling mistake (organizational)". If I remove the word "organizational" and retype it, the warning goes away. Or if I replace organizational with organizationalX and back to organizational globally. Both options are time consuming and should be properly dealt with by Publisher. I hope this can be sorted out in a next update.

Melamers, I'm using Publisher v1.8.3 on iMac in trial mode. Are you the same? On the Mac the Language & Region options includes a setting for "Preferred languages". You can add language options there from the pull-down list. English and English (U.S.) are both available. Try that.

4 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Melamers, I'm using Publisher v1.8.3 on iMac in trial mode. Are you the same? On the Mac the Language & Region options includes a setting for "Preferred languages". You can add language options there from the pull-down list. English and English (U.S.) are both available. Try that.

I know, US English is Primary, Dutch second an no other languages there. By the way, if I'm not mistaken, trial or not doesn't matter.

18 hours ago, melamers said:

If I set the region to "United states", English UK is replaced by just English (in Publisher) and I have to change my text style accordingly. Apart from the notion that no software should force me to change my region to a place where I don't live, my preflight window still says "Spelling mistake (organizational)". If I remove the word "organizational" and retype it, the warning goes away. Or if I replace organizational with organizationalX and back to organizational globally. Both options are time consuming and should be properly dealt with by Publisher. I hope this can be sorted out in a next update.

Apart from anything else, “organizational” should not be flagged as a spelling mistake in UK English!

https://www.lexico.com/definition/organizational

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)