I just bought Affinity Photo and I can't believe it has the same file permissions problem it had in beta. I cannot open a file that is not in my Pictures folder and I can't save a file anywhere. No matter where I try to save a file, Affinity Photo tells me I don't have permissions to save a file in that location.

I have to tell you that I'm really disappointed. I've spent $40, I had reported this problem in beta and the product is pretty much useless if I can't save my work.  I guess I'll just have to keep using Photoshop...

ScreenCapture 2015-07-09 at 6.56.08 AM.pdf

Hi idyguy,

Can you try the following?

- Run Disk Utility, then choose your hard drive, and click on the repair disk permissions.

If that doesn't work, try:

- Go to the application folder.

- Right click on Affinity Photo, and choose Get Info.

- Click on the padlock in the bottom right to unlock the permission settings. You will probably need to enter your accounts password.

- Click on + in the bottom left and select your user account.

- Change the privilege to Read & Write.

Alternatively, you can try to create a new user account, and see if Affinity Photo will run correctly there.

Let us know how it goes.

Hi Andrew,

I tried both of your recommended solutions and neither one salved the problem. I can't even save the image to my Pictures folder. It's too bad as I really wanted to like your product. I can't believe you guys released the product after I reported this bug to you months ago. I find it hard to believe that I'm the only person experiencing this problem. I run a VERY clean system. I am the sole user on my computer and have full privileges to every drive, program, and files. No other program gives me this problem. It's truly an Affinity Photo problem.

Thanks for your efforts...

-Chris

Update: I just created a new user and was able to open a file that did not reside in my Pictures folder and save it to the Desktop. So it seems that there are some permissions issues somewhere, somehow that are preventing me from using my standard (admin) account with Affinity Photo. Any suggestions?

BTW: My current user account has been migrated from other computers over a long, long period of time—if that's any help.

Try this:

- Go to Finder, hold Option/Alt and click on Go in the menu bar.

- Click on Library

- Go into the Containers folder.

- Move all the folders beginning with "com.seriflabs.affinityphoto" to your desktop

- Relaunch Affinity Photo and see if the problem has gone away

Try this:

- Go to Finder, hold Option/Alt and click on Go in the menu bar.

- Click on Library

- Go into the Containers folder.

- Move all the folders beginning with "com.seriflabs.affinityphoto" to your desktop

- Relaunch Affinity Photo and see if the problem has gone away

I tried this and no luck I'm afraid. There must be some corrupted file in my user account that's preventing me from opening files because after creating a new user account I'm able to use Affinity Photo. I sincerely appreciate your help in this matter. At this point, I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but at least I can get Affinity Photo up and running. If you can think of anything else to try, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks!!!!

Hi Andrew,

I just wanted to give you an update that might be useful to other users. I continued to have problems with opening and saving photos. I'm certain this was because of something in my user profile since I could open and save photos under a different user. Anyway, this morning I booted my computer in safe mode to clear out caches, fonts, etc. and now Affinity Photo is working perfectly. My only thought is that perhaps there were some old files in my cache that didn't play well with Affinity Photo. Who knows, but it's working!

Again, thanks for you help in this matter.

-Chris

Hey I have got the same issue. Can't open any files due to permissions.

I have tried all the suggestions above and also verified and repaired the disk permissions but still can't open any file.

Any other idea?

post-17689-0-15521400-1441032811_thumb.png

Hi nrcfrs,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Right-click on Affinity Designer app, selected Get Info  Sharing & Permissions then add your user account and set permissions to Read & Write.

If this doesn't work, can you please create a new user account and check if you are able to open and save files using it?

Hey I have got the same issue. Can't open any files due to permissions.

I have tried all the suggestions above and also verified and repaired the disk permissions but still can't open any file.

Any other idea?

Did you also try creating a new user account to see if it work with a new user? Just curious.

-Chris

Hi

I am a recent purchaser and user of Affinity Photo and have been endeavouring to download the tutorials. My download speed is not that fast and slows just when I havre only a few hundred K to finish. It brings up the message "you do not have permission ..." hence I can not resume the download and have to start the long process again.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Warren (stickman)