You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sometimes I have issues with the corner tool.

On 11/6/2019 at 3:09 AM, csj said:

Wow. Is there a keyboard shortcut for converting nodes? Because I didn't change it, I just expanded a storke. :D

Yup. Expand stroke (or should I say "storke" ;)) rears it's ugly head once again.
The top right corner becomes a "right angle smooth node with one handle" :o. Just giving the handle a nudge reveals it's true nature.
No shortcut, but all you need to do is alt/option click it's bezier handle....

1761886207_expandcornernode.gif.b087f62551b810c8d1adaa9d6fffd4e7.gif

8 hours ago, Pšenda said:

And why do you think I ask where you see him there?

Which was a reaction to your statement, that the node shape is not visible in the original image, but you recommended me (which I still don't understand why, because I didn't need to know), that the node type can be detected from the Status bar.

There are more people than just you who read these posts and I try take that into consideration when posting, so, it will help people to understand what they are seeing or how to interpret what the are seeing.

Not everything is obvious, had that been the case the OP probably wouldn't have had to make this post, hopefully it has helped them and in the future, maybe help others diagnose issues with the corner tool not working as it should, so, when confronted with this situation they can find this post, find my post and look to the hint context bar to check. Simples. :D

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions