Like the symbol panel, it would be nice to have a Pattern panel. That would, for example, allow you to save a document or artboard as a tile pattern, and then let you use that pattern to fill in vector shapes (or pixel shapes?).

As a recovering adobeholic this is one of the things that really bugged me.

14 hours ago, hidemat said:

As a recovering adobeholic this is one of the things that really bugged me. 

At least as of version CS6, Adobe Illustrator has no separate Pattern Panel. (I can't speak to rental-only versions, because I don't and won't rent software.) Patterns are stored in the Swatches palette, along with colors, tints, and grads. That panel has an option by which to filter Swatches by type, but there is no separate Pattern Panel other than the Pattern Options panel, in which you define parameters for a given Pattern. But it is not a list organizer of the Patterns in the document.

JET

Yes you're right. I just mentioned the panel to give an example. The function I'm really after is the ability to make patterns. If you can use them as a swatch that would be even better because that's what I'm used to.