You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

You could marry your girlfriend and you will both have joint ownership of all property you own. You can install it legally then.

Might be a lot cheaper in the long run just to buy her a copy now

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

1 hour ago, carl123 said:

You could marry your girlfriend and you will both have joint ownership of all property you own. You can install it legally then.

Might be a lot cheaper in the long run just to buy her a copy now

Cynic. But yeah, I hear you.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

3 minutes ago, kaffeeundsalz said:

Marriages entered solely for the purpose of software license sharing are statistically terminated after rather short periods of time.

If only I'd known - I've just bought my wife a new iPad!

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

• 3 weeks later...

Just my 2cents here... like others said before, I'm kind of sad to learn that I cannot use my Mac license on my PC... I bought AF last year while I was on a world tour so I was able to edit some pics on my Mac Book Air, but I'm now back home and I would like to use the power of my desktop PC to keep going the editing with this software. 

To review my pics I use Fast Raw Viewer (bought at the same time) and... how glad I'm to have an email with a key license that I can use two times, whatever platform I have.  

I can understand the dev struggling with .exe / .dmg / using MAS / using whatever Windows App Store but for the user it could really be useful to have one product bought = one email with two (or more) license key to use... 

• 6 months later...
On 7/9/2015 at 11:54 PM, MEB said:

Hi MBd,

You were close  ;)

For commercial individual use you can install it in two computers.

On a home environment you can install it on up to five computers.

Can I cancel my authorization? I mean, because of some specific situations, I need to use a public computer for a while, then my work needs a super easy to use affinity photo. However, I am worried that the number of authorizations will be reduced after the computer is bound (maximum of 5). So I would like to ask if there is a reasonable solution for the user's temporary public computer.

The reason behind it is actually a flaw. I forgot to bring my laptop power home. There is only a laptop in my hand and no power.

• Staff

@Poto Lucky

I do not think you need to worry. Email AffinityOrders@Serif.com with your and I am sure they can resolve your concerns.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1 hour ago, Poto Lucky said:

However, I am worried that the number of authorizations will be reduced after the computer is bound (maximum of 5).

There is no maximum for the number of installs, whether you purchased from the Mac App Store or the Affinity Store. The 5 Mac limit imposed by Apple applied to several kinds of purchases but never to app purchases.

The current licensing agreement for apps bought from the Mac App store can be found at https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/dev/stdeula/. Part of that states (emphasis added):

a. Scope of License: Licensor grants to you a nontransferable license to use the Licensed Application on any Apple-branded products that you own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 1 year later...
  • Staff

@Rally

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Each purchase of Affinity software buys a license to run on one operating system Microsoft Windows or Apple macOS as explained in the Store help pages (or iPadOS for purchases from the iPad store) 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2015 at 11:54 AM, MEB said:

Hi MBd,

You were close  ;)

For commercial individual use you can install it in two computers.

On a home environment you can install it on up to five computers.

So, I have three Windows 10 pro systems in my home.  I can install this on all three at not extra charge, correct?

• Staff

Hi @Olive48095,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
That post is quite old. You can install it on as many computers as you like as long as you are the only one using the apps for comercial purposes, own/control all computers and they are all running the same OS. So in your case, yes you can install it on all three computers running Windows 10, as long as you are the only one using the application for commercial purposes (and you own all computers).

Can someone explain, what the definition of commercial use is?

I want to use affinity photo for editing my photos, for example instagram, family,...

And I also want to use it with multiple computers. (Win PC, Win Laptop)

I maybe want to use it to edit pictures for clients but not in a large amount. Just a couple of dollars a month (10$-20$)

Edited by Philipp45
Forgot something important

Welcome to the forums @Philipp45

The short answer is probably something like: “If you are getting paid for your work then it is commercial use, no matter how little – or infrequently – you are getting paid.”
For a more comprehensive answer you will need to read and understand the full legally-binding terms and conditions, wherever they are.

1 hour ago, Philipp45 said:

Can someone explain, what the definition of commercial use is?

1 hour ago, Philipp45 said:

Just a couple of dollars a month (10$-20$)

That's commercial use.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Welcome to the Affinity forums @Quantumcat

3 hours ago, Quantumcat said:

So to confirm if I use on two computers, one a Windows 10, and the other, a Mac, I would need two licences?

This is correct. One version explicitly for Windows and one version explicitly for Mac. I you want to install it on iPad you need a third license. Nothing unusual I think.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed