You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Yeah you can install it on more than one Mac but you are restricted to use only one download for commercial purpose.

(when you own the two Macs it´s somehow pointless but you shouldn´t give one mac (with a downloaded version of AD/AP from your Apple ID) to your staff - that would be illegal.)

At least that´s how I got it....

MEB is probably going to specify it in a second :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First of all, I believe your products look pretty amazing, from the videos I've seen. I have to tell you that I think this is a bad deal for the consumer. Most of the software products I purchase can be used on both Mac and Windows, and one license covers usage on both. To require the user to purchase one of each is unfair, as it's the same product, and the need to use it on each is as common as the need to have both operating systems.Typically, I use my Mac for professional web designing, and my Windows for hobby crafting, and I hate the requirement of having to purchase separate licenses. That being said, I would gladly pay a global license to use all of your products if this limitation was removed.

Just my two cents, but I believe it's a common sentiment.

• Staff

@vikramnagend - You are welcome to install Affinity Designer on your laptop. Simply download it on the laptop or transfer the download and install it as you did on the desktop. 

@jvalentin - I understand what you have said however this is down to the app being sold on the Apple store. We would have no way of telling Apple someone has purchased it on Windows and vice versa. We have already set the base price of the apps very low. Purchasing two separate licenses for Affinity is still often a lot cheaper than purchasing a single license for some of our competitors.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I want to re-install Affinity on my laptop. I have one license and the software runs fine on  my PC. Just re-installing fresh version on Windows on it and re-set it.

I downloaded a new version from the website - but its a trial - no menu choice to enter license information in it.

Help please.

1 hour ago, tleparskas said:

I want to re-install Affinity on my laptop. I have one license and the software runs fine on  my PC. Just re-installing fresh version on Windows on it and re-set it.

I downloaded a new version from the website - but its a trial - no menu choice to enter license information in it.

Help please.

You can't convert the trial version to a full version. The two versions are separate downloads.

If you already have a licence for the Windows version of either of the Affinity apps, you can find the download link and your product key by logging in to your Affinity Store account and visiting the 'Downloads & Product Keys' page.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi everybody.

I am new to Affinity. Thank You for the helpful forum.

I have a question.

At job we have buy a license for both Affinity Designer and Photo.

Can I install Affinity D. and P. on my private notebook? Eventually I will need to use it at office or to sometime be able to collaborte from home.

Thank You

Francky

• Staff

Hi Francky,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

If you are the only one using the program for commercial purposes in both your job (assuming you are the one in control of the computer on your job)  and home yes, you can install it on both. If someone else is also using the computer's at the company to produce work (commercial use) then no, you must acquire a license for yourself.

Here's a link to the End User License Agreement for Windows (the terms are similar for the Macintosh).

7 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Francky,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

If you are the only one using the program for commercial purposes in both your job (assuming you are the one in control of the computer on your job)  and home yes, you can install it on both. If someone else is also using the computer's at the company to produce work (commercial use) then no, you must acquire a license for yourself.

Here's a link to the End User License Agreement for Windows (the terms are similar for the Macintosh).

Thank You very much for the clear information.

Best regards

Francky

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So I’ve got a question, 

I am a student in middle school and my school giving an class of digital art but my problem is that we using photoshop elements now I understand that this program is one purchase and it’s will be for multiple computers. 

So my question is if I my school will buy this program and will use it as the program in digital art it’s will be ok to buy it once for multiple Macintosh computers? 

Thx a lot for making this amazing program,

Ido.

• Staff
1 hour ago, Ido Ben David said:

So I’ve got a question, 

So my question is if I my school will buy this program and will use it as the program in digital art it’s will be ok to buy it once for multiple Macintosh computers? 

Ido Ben David,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums

The Licensing for use in an educational environment is NOT the same as for personal use or for business use. Our License Agreement has 3 sections covering each of these cases.

https://affinity.serif.com/license

1. ....
  2. ....
  3. if you are an educational institution, to download, install, use and run, one (1) copy of the Serif Software for use either: (a) by a single individual on each of the Windows Computer(s) that they use that you own or control, or (b) by multiple individuals on a single shared Windows Computer that you own or control. For example, a single student may use the Serif Software on both the student's desktop Windows Computer and laptop Windows Computer, or multiple students may serially use the Serif Software on a single Windows Computer located at a resource center or library.

The Mac license through the Mac App Store is different, but our schools/corporate team can provide multiple license outside of the store and could clarify the exact situation edusales@serif.com 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I've read the 1. statement from the License Agreement that covers my use of software but it nowhere states about how many times we can use our serial key to install it. The very first staff post from MEB mention 5 times for personal/home and 2 times for professional/office use. In the L.A. it doesn't say anything about that. I have already installed AP both at home and in the office, but how the software knows where and for what purpose I have installed the program?

Thank you

• 5 months later...

Hi question, at home we have two accounts, my wife has an affinity designer and I've got affinity photo, both app at amazing.  Now, question, can we both use (all pc/laptops using windows) both apps on our our laptops?  Should/can we merge the accounts?  We are not using them commercially (unless you take into account a few changes to some images for ppt, as in delete white background).  I guess the answer is yes, but just want to be on the safe side. 

Cheers

• 3 months later...