You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2 minutes ago, Dan C said:

My sincerest apologies - when changing the Colour Format these options are automatically 'greyed out' as a conversion must take place. Please press OK once you've selected 16/bit & sRGB to convert the document.

No worries, I appreciate trying to help out, I am just getting used to all these terminologies. So i tried that and i tried 8, 16, 32bit with sRGB, but it does not turn back to its original color format... slight change as in a lighter tone..

• Staff

No problem at all, thanks for confirming that. Could you please provide a copy of the JPEG file itself so I can test using this here?

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

5 minutes ago, leechi said:

this is a fun one. i'll try my luck:

1. go to  preferences -> colors and uncheck "perform OCIO conversion based on file name"
2. open file
3. document -> assign .icc profile and pick sRGB

Wow! That was the fix... Thank You soo much Leechi... Dan c thanks for your patience and helping me work through this... But The image has been fix... I can proceed to finish some work... Thanks Sooo much Fellow designers...

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 9.55.44 AM.png

3 minutes ago, leechi said:

bam

leechi, so I tried to play with it again to make sure I know what I am doing, I imported the same image, and the color changed as before greenish color... I practice the same steps and this time nothing happened... Am I missing something?

Another question... I know that in photoshop they have a Magic Wand, which makes selection easier for deleting unwanted background... Is there an easier way then selection brush tool? I want to keep the letters and erase the white background? Any help on this end would be greatly appreciated... 

14 minutes ago, nando1980 said:

leechi, so I tried to play with it again to make sure I know what I am doing, I imported the same image, and the color changed as before greenish color... I practice the same steps and this time nothing happened... Am I missing something?

nando i need you to be really honest with me here :^)

are you screenshoting your pictures instead of saving them with the menu in affinity?

23 minutes ago, leechi said:

nando i need you to be really honest with me here :^)

are you screenshoting your pictures instead of saving them with the menu in affinity?

I have not saved it, just trying to seeif in the future, i have to open another document/image to work with... and if same scenario occurs, i know what to do... 

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone, frustrated once again... After much trial these steps the problem still persist.  I upload a picture and in affinity designer it changes color on me again.  Not sure what else to do on this matter.  Any other suggestions... I followed the steps on this post but still haven't found what helps keep the original color.

Any help would be appreciated...

• 4 months later...

I've had the same problem as Nando 1980 and I finally came up with an unsophisticated, but effective work-around. I now place the screen shot image in a Word document, then click on the image and save it as a JPEG THEN I import it or "place" it in the Affinity document. Seems to work fine for my purposes.

17 hours ago, Northpeak said:

I've had the same problem as Nando 1980 and I finally came up with an unsophisticated, but effective work-around. I now place the screen shot image in a Word document, then click on the image and save it as a JPEG THEN I import it or "place" it in the Affinity document. Seems to work fine for my purposes.

North peak, actually, I have a Mac and I use pages, I uploaded a screenshot to pages and cut and paste and seems to work just fine as well... thanks for posting...