You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, Hope all are well. I am a new Affinity Designer, trying to get familiar with all that Affinity has to offer for design and the likes...  So here is my question, I am seeking to see how I can keep the image I uploaded in its original color, everytime I import an image it changes to a greenish color, but I can't find a way to keep the original color of the picture/image.  Any assistance with this would be appreciated a tons...

Thanks...

• Staff

Hi nando1980,

Welcome to the forums :)

Could you please confirm for me, does this happen when opening the image in Affinity, or exporting it from Affinity and opening the image in another app/image viewer?

Do you have a custom ICC profile set against your monitor through your OS?

Could you please open Affinity Designer>Preferences>Colour and provide a screenshot of your settings here?

Many thanks in advance! 

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Thanks, for the prompt reply. So yes, this happens every time I open or import images on affinity.  The images/pictures open in a greenish color not the original on affinity designer. I am not sure what is a custom ICC profile?

Many thanks to you for taking the time to help me out on this issue. Thanks again

nando1980

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 9.08.47 AM.png

Color prefence affinity designer.png

• Staff

Thanks for that, with you document you have open please navigate to Document Setup on the context toolbar (as shown in your screenshot) - What colour profile is in use for this document please?

22 hours ago, nando1980 said:

I am not sure what is a custom ICC profile?

Please open System Preferences (from the Apple logo in the top left) then select Display. Now open the Colour tab and provide a screenshot of your settings/profile here :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

• Staff

Thanks for that, please scroll through the list and select either 'iMac' (if available) or 'sRGB IEC61966-2.1'. Then restart Affinity and open your image once more, are the correct colours shown now?

1 hour ago, Dan C said:

Thanks for that, please scroll through the list and select either 'iMac' (if available) or 'sRGB IEC61966-2.1'. Then restart Affinity and open your image once more, are the correct colours shown now?

I tried it and it still has not fixed the issue

• Staff

Sorry to hear this - which profile did you select in your Mac settings?

3 hours ago, Dan C said:

with your document you have open please navigate to Document Setup on the context toolbar (as shown in your screenshot) - What colour profile is in use for this document please?

Could you please answer the above for me also?

• Staff

Apologies, I don't need to know the format for the file, I need to know what colour profile is in use. If you open your JPEG and go to File>Document Setup, then select the Colour tab - what profile and colour space is in use please?

If you reopen System Preferences>Display and then tick the box at the bottom of the list 'Show profiles for this display only' - what profiles are shown please?

12 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Apologies, I don't need to know the format for the file, I need to know what colour profile is in use. If you open your JPEG and go to File>Document Setup, then select the Colour tab - what profile and colour space is in use please?

If you reopen System Preferences>Display and then tick the box at the bottom of the list 'Show profiles for this display only' - what profiles are shown please?

Here is what I found

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 11.47.48 AM.png

• Staff

Thanks for that, if you change the Colour Format from RGB/32 (HDR) to RGB/16 then select OK, does this return the correct colours to your image?

If not;

16 minutes ago, Dan C said:

25 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Thanks for that, if you change the Colour Format from RGB/32 (HDR) to RGB/16 then select OK, does this return the correct colours to your image?

If not;

331255152_ScreenShot2019-11-07at12_18_00PM.thumb.png.adfcefdb3eb3ead570a13b725b2e0064.pngHey I appreciate the time taken to help me solve this problem... thanks in advance  man...

• Staff

No problem at all, thanks for your screenshots. Unfortunately I'm still not certain what colour profile is being applied to your image when opening it. Could you please upload a copy of the JPEG file you're opening?

1 hour ago, Dan C said:

No problem at all, thanks for your screenshots. Unfortunately I'm still not certain what colour profile is being applied to your image when opening it. Could you please upload a copy of the JPEG file you're opening?

How do I locate that info? 

• Staff

Apologies, I can see you have previously provided a screenshot from the File>Document Setup dialog which shows your document has opened in 32bit HDR mode.

20 hours ago, nando1980 said:

If you open your image, then navigate to File>Document Setup and select the Colour tab. Here you can change the Colour Format from 32bit HDR to 8bit or 16bit. If you select 16bit and ensure that the sRGB colour profile is selected and convert is checked, then press OK. Are the correct colours now shown in your image?

1 minute ago, Dan C said:

Apologies, I can see you have previously provided a screenshot from the File>Document Setup dialog which shows your document has opened in 32bit HDR mode.

If you open your image, then navigate to File>Document Setup and select the Colour tab. Here you can change the Colour Format from 32bit HDR to 8bit or 16bit. If you select 16bit and ensure that the sRGB colour profile is selected and convert is checked, then press OK. Are the correct colours now shown in your image?

Sorry for another question, so I am searching for this through affinity? or macbook previews?

• Staff

My sincerest apologies - when changing the Colour Format these options are automatically 'greyed out' as a conversion must take place. Please press OK once you've selected 16/bit & sRGB to convert the document.