You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dragging object jumps bug

robskinn

• Staff

Hi robskinn,

Would you be able to record a video reproducing this, but with the on-screen keyboard visible please? This will allow us to see what shortcuts you're using and when you're releasing them. I've not encountered anything like your video shows, so if you could attach a document this occurs with that would also be helpful!

Thanks,

Hi Sean,

It also happens sometimes when dragging items to reposition them, without copying them. It seems that the larger the document (more art boards) the worse it gets, although my document is by no means larger than it would normally be.

It may be worth noting that I’m seeing the same behaviour on large Affinity Publisher documents as well. 

• 3 weeks later...

Over the last week I've tested different 'magic mouse' configurations and even different macs, but still no luck. I'm currently using my MacBook Pro and have the same issue while using my trackpad. The document is a small 4-page Affinity Publisher document so I wouldn't think it's my MacBooks performance.

Is there is anything else I could try?

Thanks Sean. 
I have a new development. I think that it might be down to saving files to the cloud. I use Google file stream, so when a file has been saved it immediately starts syncing which must take a chunk of cpu processes. Unfortunately large files take a few minutes to sync which is why I’m seeing it happen more often than not. It also explains why it’s happening on all my devices.

• Staff
1 hour ago, robskinn said:

Thanks Sean. 
I have a new development. I think that it might be down to saving files to the cloud. I use Google file stream, so when a file has been saved it immediately starts syncing which must take a chunk of cpu processes. Unfortunately large files take a few minutes to sync which is why I’m seeing it happen more often than not. It also explains why it’s happening on all my devices.

Ahhh ok! Have you tried the same file stored on the desktop to see if the issue goes away?

Hi Sean,

I can confirm that it only happens when syncing a file using the Google service File Stream.

I use the digital design software 'Sketch' quite a lot and that seems unaffected, don't know why only Affinity software is does this?