You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export printing-file, wrong size

kmdk

I use on Windows10 and macOS 10.15.1 and the latest versions of affinity designer.

when I export a DIN A5 Artboard to a print file in 300 dpi, the size of the document will be showed later in the properties of the pdf-Viewer more than the size in affinity designer.

for example: I create the DIN A5 artboard in the size 210 mm x 148 mm. in the properties of the file document I give 1mm around all sides for the cutting in the printing factory. so I must have a total size  from 150 mm x 212 mm. BUT equal with which System (Windows or macOS) I export the document file, I became after opening the file with macOS a total size from 150,1 mm x 212,1 mm. when I open the same file with Windows 10, the size is correct.

when I want to load up the file from macOS to a printing company, they don't accept the file (wrong size). from a windows system it works!!??

I don't know, where the mistake is...

two screenshots for bettet understanding...

best regards

Eigenschaften Druckdatei.PNG

PHOTO-2019-11-04-12-23-31.jpg

Hi kmdk,

This is a known issue (see the thread below) which affects all three apps. It's been logged as a Publisher bug afb-2214.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/98342-9625-page-width-in-publisher-exports-to-963-width-in-pdf/&tab=comments#

Affinity Designer 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1.2344
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.6.8, Magic Mouse

• 1 month later...

Same here. Regardless of the document type, dimensions, etc. I create, after the export from AD the pdf will always have 1 mm wrong on one or both sides (opened it in Preview on Mac).

macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Designer 1.7.3

best regards

1.png

2.png

3.png

Edited by ebproduct
added screenshots